nismo gtr - wow | FerrariChat

nismo gtr - wow

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 95spiderman, Nov 18, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    #1 95spiderman, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    nismo just released info on their version of gtr -

593 hp with new turbos and higher rpm
    wider front wheels/tires
    new compound tires
    aero package
    new brake pads
    143 lbs loss

ring time of 7.08!! 2nd fastest of all except 918. how gtr can accomplish so much with so little is beyond me.

btw, there are 2 versions of nismo. std and track. track adds even more aero, carbon, weight loss, ohlin adjustable shocks, etc. thats the one that did ring. not sure if track version coming to usa but will be bout $200k. we definitely get std nismo but not sure about cost. also offering special matte finish. look for them here late 2014

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I remember when the GTR came out the base version was $69k and the premium $71k. Now they're very highly priced for just the regular ones (like $90k+) making the early cars pretty much not depreciate at all. There goes my dream to put an entire GTR drivetrain and electronics in my 350Z by getting a donor car. :/

Great performance...I'm glad they do something new every year vs every other year or something delayed.

3. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Stunning performance.

In before someone comes in whining about how this isn't "stock" and that the car is basically just a barely road legal race car...

4. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Nissan should take away the ugly stick and give it an actual stick to row gears with! LOL

5. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
  6. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    #6 kverges, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    Very, very impressive and the tire noise tells me they were probably not slick tires. 310 km/hr in the compression on the long "straight" is truly fast. By comparison the Camaro Z28 was running more like 157, albeit it was wet. I am skeptical the car had only 595 hp, but impressive drive and driver.

I went back and looked at the ZR-1 7:19 lap and it was only 182 mph top speed (293 km/hr) and has 638 hp, so I am even more suspicious of the 595 hp. Either the record car was boosted or the 595 hp is way underrated.

7. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    That would be a great swap!! Have you searched for engines/trans pulled out of wrecked R35 GTR's?

8. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Awesome lap by Krumm. That car is a beast. I was hoping it would go faster still so the wind can form the sheetmetal into a pretty one.

9. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    LOL!!

10. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    now that ive read all the info on nismo, im not that interested in it. seems everything they did is bolt on - body kit, turbos, shocks, sways, seats. i could do all that to mine for much less $ and have it exactly the way i like it.

when porsche makes gt3 and ferrari the speciale, i feel the changes are all internal. i could never approximate those cars by using aftermarket on 911 or 458. besides, gtr weak link is the transmission and they left that part alone. also didnt address cooling issues.

at $150k i feel a 991tt makes more sense than the nismo even if its not as fast on track

11. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    A used 2012 MP4-12C is not a big leap, frankly, and it is a truly amazing car as well.

The GTR is awesome at the $100K range. Bump it up a lot and it starts to get even less attractive, so to speak.

12. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This car it's amazing. The price just kills it for me though.

13. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Nismo editions have a history of being much more expensive than the base models, even though on paper they rarely show why they're so much more expensive (although in this case, shaving 20 seconds off Nürburgring clearly shows that it's a much more special car than a stock GT-R with an ECU tune!).

I saw a documentary on the Nismo R34 GT-R (the previous, LHD only GT-R) and those guys weren't playing around... Ultra high precision, hand made engines and carefully picked, polished and tuned components... This new one, the R35, will surely be a special car.

14. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I agree on all points.

That car was truly a very special car. I guess they call it progress but I still miss the RB26.

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Hmm...I think you're talking about the R34 Z-tune made by Nismo unless you're referring to the S-tune package they did do as well. That car is pretty incredible and would love to have one. Lots of attention to detail. I think they only made 20 or so.

16. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVNges-nPSQ]Nissan Skyline Nismo R34 GT-R Z-tune - YouTube[/ame]

17. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    ^^^^ One of the absolute truly great cars.

18. OH599

OH599 Karting

Sep 30, 2013
    [​IMG]this was mine. I miss it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #19 ApeGen, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Its a great DD, I miss mine too. When prices go further south, I shall get one again.

Mine was tuned (lightly @ 550hp) directly by Mine's.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #20 noone1, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    You seem to forget that the only reason you're able to approximate the design of these components cheaply is because Nissan spent millions designing, testing, and tuning them. You couldn't even dream of approximating this car if it didn't already exist.

Take your GTR to a racing shop and tell them you want a custom one-off body kit tested in a wind tunnel and proven on the track, all the same components as the Nismo, and everything installed and tuned to perfection by a large team of engineers and racing drivers. How much do you think that would cost and how close would it be to this?

21. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #21 texasmr2, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    This is true.

I woke up the Hamster in my head to get my thought process started and after a quick warm up I had a thunk! I would love to see someone drop a real transmission in an R35, you know the one that requires that third pedal.

22. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    obviously couldnt get a local shop to make a one off nismo but there is no reason to re invent the wheel. i could easily buy front spoiler, side skirts, rear wing that are already available from dozen or so companies. get a cobb tune, exhaust and get near 600hp. then ohlins, and sway bars bolt on with toyo r888. will be pretty close performance wise to nismo.

i wanted nismo to address the transmission, cooling, esp/tc weakness that aftermarket cannot address. those are the difficult fixes and they left them alone. will see what they come up with for the next version in another year or so

23. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I wonder when they'll stop producing this car. The R34 GTR was only between 1999 and 2002. This one has been built for 6 years now! They came out in Japan in 2007...unbelievable it's been that long and they still make it faster every year.

24. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    new version r36 may be out as soon as next year but I would guess at least 2 more yrs

25. R35

R35 Rookie

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Sean
    You mean to spend a significant amount of labor and money to go 6 years backwards in transmission evolution AND make the car slower? Hmmmm...