FAcel Vega (couldn't find category for French cars) | FerrariChat

FAcel Vega (couldn't find category for French cars)

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by bitzman, Mar 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    There was a recent story in Hemmings about one found in Minnesota which was laughlingly described as having a "dry climate" (guess the writer has never been there).The dark green car was in storage in a barn for something like 44 years and only recently brought out and somehow it got from there to Paris where it was sold at auction. Since Ringo Starr;s much clearn Facel II fetched big bucks I think this model is becoming increasingly popular.

If anyone knows who found the one in wonderful dry Minnesota and how much they paid, I'd like to hear it. I like to keep updated on barn finds, and will post some more on FV cars becuase I recently got in touch with a source in France that has about 160 Facel II listings of cars still existing.

It would be laughable if it was parked there because an engine part broke
    because it has a Chrysler V8 engine. And probably Chrysler automatic though at least 40-% had the much more rare Pont-a-Mousson manual gearbox.

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Dean Martin had one in the 60's and I remember thinking it was very cool. Saw my first one in real life in January in Scottsdale. I was right, its cool.

3. OhioMark

OhioMark Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2006
    I love the Facel's!!