How many people would fall for the same trick in an exotic? A lot I think... | FerrariChat

How many people would fall for the same trick in an exotic? A lot I think...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by noone1, Jul 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Pretty funny and clever idea. People's minds are often made up way before they even get in a car.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCgibrhQvSw]Nissan | Ride of Your Life - YouTube[/ame]

2. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Absolutely brilliant!

3. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    THAT'S how you market your car. Nice.

4. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    What a good advert. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Very clever! First time I saw the commercial on TV they didn't start out by telling you it was fake. I was so confused looking at the interior and gauges like WTH is going on, but impressed by the end whey they took the veneer off so easily and realizing it KINDA OF tricked me.

6. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Clever idea bit I'm not really sure what there trying to say. If you put bigger wheels and sticky tyres on any new saloon of a similar type (BMW 335i etc) and sent the general public out on a track with a pro racing driver they'd all be whooping and screeching in the same way.

7. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Well, the "general public" doesn't know that. Just real car guys know that. The OP's comment that people's mind's are made up based on what they perceive is apt too. It reminds my of the Jimmy Kimmel Show piece where they ask people what they think of the new iWatch from Apple. It was really just a cheap Casio with an Apple sticker on the back. Some people thought it was awesome. They really loved the fact it could give you the time AND the date " Wow, that's a cool feature!".