Test Drive : Tesla model 'S'. | FerrariChat

Test Drive : Tesla model 'S'.

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Soerenau, Jul 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Soerenau

Soerenau Karting

Dec 26, 2007
    DK-4000 Roskilde,CPH
    Full Name:
    Søren Algreen-Ussing
    I were invited by Tesla Motors Italia to a demonstration ride in their model 'S', here in Copenhagen, where they have their main dealership for Denmark.

The model in question was the regular 400 bHp inverter/engine, with the largest accumulator rating.

The trip was a fixed route north of the city centre, just dipping into the circumferential ringway (called 'O2', or 'Ring 2'), in the harbour area, called Nord Havnen.

On the return to the Bredgade city centre shop, we passed Amilienborg, the CPH castle of residense for the queen and her immidiate family.

The ride and noise/vibration image was very favourable, and the accelleration and pick-up was emence ! A true joy to experience. Visibility towards the back was generous, compared to most contemporary designs, and the outside lines classically fluid and of highest standard, in my opinion.

YouTube video's compare the model S to the Aston Martin Rapide (4-door DB9 design, with almost 500 bHp petrol/gasoline V12), accelleration up to 150-200 kmph should favour the torque of the Tesla.

I got to accellerate from about 50 kmph to around 110-120 kmph, which was a short 3-4 seconds burst on the accellerator pedal, (some 400-500 meters).

Prices in Denmark are in the region of 80.000 - 100.000 EURO's ( around 750.000 DKK), but that includes 8 years of warranty on the accumulators,. A budget figure was mentioned for the substitution of the accumulators after warranty expires, of around 100.000 DKK (13.000 EURO's).

I would highly recommend the model S for the commute, and day to day running erands, - for long distance hauls on a car holiday, the choice for me would still be possibly a rented gasoline vehicle.

Ciao !

SoerenAU.

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I see one every day or so on my daily commute in the north Atlanta area. They are good looking cars.

3. Mark_M5

Mark_M5 Karting

Nov 14, 2006
    Ventura County, CA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    See them all over in California.

4. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    There are 5 in my neighborhood of 54 homes... never driven. Decent looking car but, at $100,000 euro or $133,000 in USD, I can think of many other cars (or 2 simultaneously) that I'd rather have....sorry. Not my thing. I'll take my Jag XF Supercharged any day for lees than half...not even a close choice.

Read the recent reports from Consumer Reports and Edmunds.com. They were previously in the circle of love for Tesla but now slowly going flat.

5. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    From the report. They had quite a few unexpected visits to service. Definitely not as smooth and trouble free as their marketed to be.