Where did the car show go ? | FerrariChat

Where did the car show go ?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Turbo360, Jul 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
  2. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Mustang owners are domestic ricers.
    The second one was amusing...he kept going like nothing happened. Maybe he was hoping nobody saw him lol.

3. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    What an ignorant sterotypical statement to make..

This was at Mustang week, South Carolina two weeks ago, and these three individuals do not represent 99% of the owners that were there. This intersection has become the spot to show off, and many owners and their cars actually AVOID this intersection for what has happened here in the past. As a matter of fact, the owner of the black Cobra in the video was arrested on the spot, has numerous felonies charged against him, and has a future court date.

I take offense to your comment, having owned 6 Mustangs, 3 currently, all tastefully modded - suspension, brakes, exhaust, roll bars, harness belts, etc., and continuously attend HPDE events at tracks such as Watkins Glen, Lime Rock, VIR, and in my earlier days, tracks such as New England Dragway, Maple Grove, and Englishtown.

Think before you type.

Dave

2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca # 563/750
    2000 Cobra R # 76/300
    1993 Cobra # 2162/ 4993

4. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    He is right, you know ?

its the internet grow a thicker skin.

if we all had a $1 for that one.

5. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    #5 Turbo360, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    +1

+1

The comment's from the bystanders on the 2nd incident one is awesome.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Mustang owners are domestic Ricers? I guess all Ferrari owners are are rich guys making up for the size of their manhood?

There are idiots driving Mustangs... They also drive Corvettes and Camaros, Vipers, Lambos, and 911's. I've even seen a few driving a Prius...

Just seems wrong to judge the owners of thousands of cars at a show from the actions of a few. But I guess that's how stereotypes are formed.

7. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    Seen it so many times. It's not even funny, even a very nice sunday carshow venue was shut down due to people who were sporting the pony badge.

8. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    I've seen it too. But I've seen other brands represented also. My only point is that it's hard to brand a whole group on the actions of a very few. There are videos from C&C's across the country with idiots crashing all kinds of cars. The rest of the people who drive normally are considered boring, so you don't see them on YouTube.

9. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    1st and formost Pony owners.

10. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Dave, you're not the typical Mustang owner. Your cars are rare and valued, far from the caliber of cars in the videos. The stereotype obviously doesn't apply to you as an owner or to your cars as a blanket statement so I don't know why you would be offended.

Ferrari owners carry many stereotypes as well. Lots of them have been on the news pursuant to public foolish antics. I don't see a reason to absorb any of the same negativity upon myself just by ownership of the same. It definitely didn't make a difference to me getting into the brand.

We've seen too many people get injured/killed to be a fan of public stunts, and the kids in the Mustangs just seem to be the latest providers of such stupidity. Btw most enthusiasts aren't limited to one make. Most of us here (myself included) are a fan of anything with wheels, including Mustangs. A few times I was even close to grabbing one as a track toy but the stars didn't line up.

Nothing in my first post even remotely related to you.
    Would LOVE to see pics of your R. I've always loved that rare beast.

11. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    #11 Davesvt2000, Jul 28, 2014
  12. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    Thanks Dave. That's a true trophy car. What a beast.

If VW made RWD cars, they would take the negative spotlight off the Mustangs :)

13. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    LOL

14. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    #14 Jaguar 15, Jul 28, 2014
  15. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
  16. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    #16 Jaguar 15, Jul 28, 2014
  17. Turbo360

Turbo360 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 21, 2011
    ^^ ok but that's not the type of owner to power shift into a crowd of people standing on the side of the road. Jauguar 15 thanks for making a really good effort in a beach venue again for the OC area but I can not stress how much you have to be on top of the noise control issue, and speeders. I'm wishing you all of the luck.

18. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    #18 Jaguar 15, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    Just to be clear, this is not an organized event. I have NOTHING to do with this except stop in for coffee when I'm in town. Nobody is in charge, certainly not me. I do NOT intend to scold speeders nor watch noise meters. This is not the Peninsula Seniors or C&C in Irvine. It is more like Donuts. Except at Donuts, act like ****** there, endanger people or their cars and you're likely to get the crap beat out of you.

People on Sunday are respectful of the area as most live in Huntington Harbor, Huntington Beach or Newport. All locals unlike C&C. If you want to do burn outs on PCH....go for it. It is a after all a public street. You will look like a complete ***** at Starbucks if you rev your engine here. Nobody will be impressed.

19. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Most of the C&C events I have been to are like this. 99% people who are there to look at the cars and have a good time. Then there is the 1% who act like idiots..revving, burnouts, speeding..this is what gets the negative attention and ruins the events for everyone.

A couple of weeks ago I was at a C&C in VA. There was a completely stock Infinity SUV with Diplomat plates driving around revving his engine the entire time. No one was impressed. This type of behavior isn't restricted to Mustang owners, Infiniti owners, ricers, or anyone else. There are idiots everywhere..

20. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Yup...I agree....most are great. At Starbucks, I've never seen a burnout or speeding. Everyone knows each and respects each other.... mostly locals. It is a small confined area. I do know a couple of the regulars that would have no problem throwing their coffee at you, your car and get in your face if you act like an ass.

At Donuts, doing a burn out in the parking lot will get you dragged out of your car and get your A#$ kicked by a few old timers.

21. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    So true and if I may add thanks to social media the drivers who did act inappropriately and wrecked their vehicles cannot hide behind excuses. Hopefully their insurance carriers will set things right via dropping them or making their premium and rates so high they will be taking the bus.

22. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The one upside is we get to watch their videos of them destroying their cars and laugh at them.

23. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    It does suck for the true enthusiast and supporters of the iconic Mustang, hell I was born in 1964 the birth of the legend, so I feel bad for the promoters of that event. Heck the foolish drivers here pretty much ruined our C&C event and it was once a truly great event.

24. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    I will admit I spent about 20 minutes today looking at crash compilations on youtube :)