How to properly park your truck at the mall | FerrariChat

How to properly park your truck at the mall

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 360Tom, Aug 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
  2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    As much of an ******* he is, I admire his tenacity. Lol. I'm shocked he parked next to the car though.

I agree that we've all felt that way when people ride the line or park crooked. Not sure the Hyundai was too far to the left or not but he definitely could have parked closer to the right.

3. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    If the driver of the truck cannot park a dual cab he should use public transportation. I saw this video about one week ago and laughed at his stupidity thus I hope he was fined heavily.

4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Could there be more to this story?

Like, it's assigned parking in his high rise apartment and HAS to park there.

Neighbor has been asked to not park on the yellow line and continues to park like that?

Been There - Done That ( THOUGHT about doing what this guy did )

Then again, I'd get a smaller vehicle if I had to deal with confined parking spots everyday...

LoL

S

5. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    If it is in a high rise all the driver had to do was alert the front desk because me thinks if it is an assigned space he is paying for it in one way or another. If the owner of the Hyundai cannot be contacted the vehicle should be towed. Now the driver of the truck has to pay for the damage and file a claim with his insurance company (unless he is allowed to 'cash out') but the video tells the true story and now he is the idiot in need of anger management classes.

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    well that seemed reasonable

:eek:

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Would've been easier to call a tow truck than salvage another car and likely get sued. What is wrong with people...

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Maybe he should be driving a fiat 500.

9. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Loved watching it. If it's for real the guy has to be an imbecile for not knowing he was on camera. It's amazing that wherever you go now you are probably being taped.

10. dmaxx3500

dmaxx3500 Formula 3

Jul 19, 2008
    hyundai owner ,now says ''i think i hit the lotto''

11. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    Funny as fiction in a comedy, but criminal if real. Guy should spend a week in jail or so and pay the damage out of pocket, as insurance should not cover willful criminal conduct. There really is no place in society for that kind of behavior as frustrating as it may have been that the other person was too inconsiderate to leave room.

How many times have you done something ride or thoughtless? You think you deserve to have your possessions smashed?

12. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    doesnt look like the hyundia was over the line. maybe right on it....

go to yahoo.com there is a story on a new vette getting acid poured on it. read some of the comments.

13. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    ^^^^ This. a week in jail would give the driver plenty of time to consider his other options.
    like what texasmr2 said..

S

14. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I saw a lot Elise parked across multiple spots in a SUPER crowded urban area at lunch time - with cars circling looking for spots.

I'd of loved to have a tow truck bring two halves of a car, and set them up on each side of the Lotus so it couldn't get out.

15. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I wonder if you contact building management they would? You would think so as it's an inconvenience to business.

16. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    That looked like a very tight garage. It may be rather difficult to get a tow truck in there to remove the Hyundai.

17. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Or just take a couple of floor jacks (1 in front & 1 in rear) and drag the offending car out of out of the way, say into the middle of the driveway, drop the car there, pull into your parking space, and put your jacks away.

18. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    The dick should buy a Fiat 500... obviously he can't drive a crew cab. There was plenty of room for the idiot, just not the space he wanted. Hope owner takes him to the cleaners.

One fact that nobody has pointed out is his insurance can deny his claim. He intentionally caused the damage (not an accident) to the Hyundai which could negate the insurance companies coverage. Hope he has to foot the bill personally....

19. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    SOmetimes people just deserve what they get. Over here, there are tonnes of people who have no idea how to park their cars. They often pass the yellow line, and it's a great effort to squeeze alongside, and then exit your vehicle.

20. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    So nobody here has ever had a bad day?

They article says he tried for nearly 30 minutes to make that spot work.

I'm not saying he's justified in the final action, but I have been so frustrated from negotiating a huge crowded garage in a pickup that I sure *wanted* to do that. I didn't do it, but I have been that frustrated.

21. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Ha, looks like it was here in Brazil. Funny.

Link to original story:
    http://g1.globo.com/goias/noticia/2014/07/medico-acusa-vizinho-de-bater-em-carro-dentro-de-garagem-veja-video.html

This happened in a residential building. Over here, a lot of these are sort of old and don't have enough space for cars for each one of the residents. So sometimes they make the spots really small, and hard to park. Sometimes they charge a lot of money for the space.

In this case, though, it looks like the spaces were pretty big.

The owner of the hyundai was travelling at the time, and only saw what happened 2 days later. He has sued the guy driving the truck, who moved away from that building shortly after this incident.

22. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Lol..that's great!! How many times I have wanted to do somthing like that.

23. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Feels good to be a gansta...

CW

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The car had a pole, but could have pulled forward a little so they could open the door and still be over.

I had a couple times where someone parked so close to left I had to get in passenger side, I always left a nice note. If cars next to you are within lines, it is your responsibility not to park in a manner that would block the driver from getting in car. Big trucks/vans etc just have to accept they can't park EVERYWHERE. At least most places in Texas account for the high % of big vehicles and we get big parking places! :)

25. Sfiga

Sfiga Karting

Jan 23, 2014
    The mentality of some people are frightening. Nothing can justify doing that no matter how 'frustrated' you are whether you are operating any kind of weapon or machinery! If you drive a big car, accept it.