Renault Neptune - what the hell??? | FerrariChat

Renault Neptune - what the hell???

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by PFSEX, Aug 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    A friend here in LV insists he saw some unknown car in a parking lot. I said, "I know them all."

So, he showed me a photo he took on his cell phone, and I said, 'what the hell is that?' The thing was ULTRA exotic. Sexy. Kinda weird too.

He said the only thing he found on it before it drove away was an emblem that said 'Neptune,' which pointed me to Maserati. He also said it had a nose badge he didn't know, and he knows the Maserati badge.

I did some digging on the Web and found more photos of the same car (but in black, not blue like the one here in LV). Very little information - no verbiage - but it is a ... Renault?? In that case, the weird sounds right, but not the exotic.

Does anyone know anything about this car? Is it a Euro car selling in Europe? Is it some prototype? Was it brought here for Monterey and then somehow found itself to LV??

2. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    #2 netman, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    My buddy swears he saw one parked in Las Vegas. He has a photo on his cell phone to prove it. The car in his photo is blue.

Strange

4. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    post the photo for us please..

5. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

6. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Who cares what Renault does in styling or in racing for that matter. That company, driven by incompetent leaderships for decade and a governement that is clinging on every cent to be milked out of car enthusiasts that have cars with more than 2 cylinders and are bigger than a match box, has been dead since the late 80s.
    They are unable to make real exciting car for the public. Not a shortfall of the French designers and engineers, who are full of ideas but they dont go anywhere.

7. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Uhm. The RenaultSport Twingo/Clio/Meganes are kind of considered the best modern hot hatches that deliver huge thrills (although they have also started with small turbocharged engines and crappy flappy pedal automatics now....).

Citroen on the other hand...

8. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    yes i dont deny that the engineering is not there. In fact for hill races and all they are great. But I am not seeing great and outstanding contemporary French cars for the road for the average people. French engineering is very good. The issue is the political will and the will to have a great auto industry.
    Over the years I saw the cars getting smaller, taller , weirder,following ill advised taxation schemes and witch chases.