Thoughts on Audi Q7 as a family car? | FerrariChat

Thoughts on Audi Q7 as a family car?

Discussion in 'Other German' started by nathandarby67, Aug 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    #1 nathandarby67, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We have been casually shopping for a new family-mobile for a few months now. We have a 3.5 year old and an 8 month old. My wife's current daily driver is a Lexus IS250. It is do-able but tight for trips with all four of us, so we want something bigger. With the rear facing child seat, the front passenger seat has to be so far forward that I literally can not fit. (I'm 6'1") We were initially wanting a Q5/SQ5, drove them and loved them, but the rear seat room was honestly not all that much more than the Lexus. The Q7 has more rear room, plus the small third row would come in handy when we are trying to get more than just the four of us from point A to B.

Anyone with experience with the Q7, good or bad? We are looking at slightly used ones, 2012-2014. I know there is a new body style coming out in a year or two, so we may upgrade to that in a few years. She wants a Prestige model with the S-Line package. I want the towing package because I am fond of dragging home old decrepit cars with minimal self-mobility.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I don't know much about the q7, but that car pictures is just about the perfect spec. I love the blacked out grill.

Buy it.

3. Renato

Renato Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2013
    New York
    I have an '09 S-Line TDI that I use as a daily, it's been a great vehicle, same look as the pic posted, sans the LEDs and the titanium package. I opted for the diesel mainly for the mileage and the torque. I get between 25 to 30 mpg on the highway which is great for a full size SUV that can seat 7. No real issues to report except that I go through brakes and tires like nobody's business, now at 66k I've had pads and rotors done twice and I'm on my 3rd set of tires (stock S Line 20").

Best thing is for your wife to drive it and see if she likes the size. My sis has a Q5 and it is smaller, but the thing drives more like a car than the Q7 does. Also, I read somewhere that there is a major redesign forthcoming, so it might be worth it to wait.

That said, this is all coming from an Audi fan, we are a 2 Audi family (plus toys ;) ) and are on our 4th and 5th.

Cheers.

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Be sure you get the TDI...its the best engine for the Q7

5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My friends wife has driven a Q5 for about 1.5-2 years now. He's upgrading her to the Q7 in the near future.

I believe the top model does have in car wi-fi, which is awesome.