Baby Seats | FerrariChat

Baby Seats

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by leeber, Aug 31, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    Does anyone in the FChat community have a recommendation for a baby seat. I have a 10 month old and we are looking for his first forward facing seat, that will convert to a booster. Am considering a Recaro and Britax. Any first hand observations are highly appreciated.

2. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    heh I just bought a baby seat yesterday after what felt like hours and hours of online research and playing with them in stores.
    But our is for a newborn to around 1 year old.

I thought the recommendation is to stay with rear-facing until at least 3 years old, no?

3. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    Having had both I would recommend the Recaro.

4. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    That's sounds right, rear facing is a much safer position and they should be kept that way until they're older and the body can support the weight of their head.

I wanted Recaro but ended up with Britax because they seemed to have better reviews, but that could vary from model to model.

5. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
    11 months here and we have been using Britax. Right now he's in the travel system still but in a month or two will be into the Britax convertible booster.

I've been amazed at how solid and well built the Britax units are compared to the cheap units like Gracco. Mi feel very comfortable in case the worst was to happen.

6. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    I spend way too much time doing research. It cost me dearly in Dec 2012 when i couldnt decide between a ferrari 330 2+2 or a 365 Queen Mother when they were $90k/$120k. By the time i finished doing research on which one to buy, they went to $175k+. Now they are $250k's.

With this car seat thing, I am shooting for better results. I am going to rely on FChatters opinions and experiences. Thanks for the responses.

7. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    Thx nurburgringer and konatown. You are right on! I did some research (uggghh) and the overwhelming recommendation is to stay rear facing past 1 year and maybe up to 3 years old. So i am now going to get a rear facing that will convert to a front face. Down the road, i will get a booster.