CON MAN RESPONDS TO WANTED AD | FerrariChat

CON MAN RESPONDS TO WANTED AD

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by sferesten, Sep 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sferesten

sferesten Rookie

May 2, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Spike Feresten
    This is a back-and-forth email chain I am having with a con man who answered my Panorama Magazine ad seeking out the original engine to my Porsche Speedster which has been missing for decades. Engine #67379.

ME: SEEKING 1958 PORSCHE SPEEDSTER ENGINE #67379

Response from Alan Peevler/ [email protected]: hi i still have one, in pretty good condition, email me if your still interested

ME: Hi Alan, thanks for the email. Are saying you have speedster engine 67379? Because that would be amazing. Can you take a photo of the engine # and send it to me?

REV. ALAN PEEVLER: here it is, bought it not quite long ago, forget about the body because it has been bashed beyond repair by my first son driving lesson, still in the hospital now, that why i want to sell it instead
    of body work. i took. the shot when it was bought newly for
    inspection. What do you have for it?

(PEEVLER SENDS RANDOM PORSCHE MOTOR PICS FROM EBAY) I NOW REALIZE I AM INTERACTING WITH A GRIFTER AND DECIDE TO WASTE HIS TIME FOR AS MANY DAYS AS POSSIBLE.

ME: I don't understand. Where is the photo of the engine #?

REV. ALAN PEEVLER: Hey Mr, i cant lie to you and besides I am a Reverend, to my best of Knowledge as the owner of the automobile that is exactly engine #67379. you can return it after i have shipped it to you if you found out that am not telling the truth and get your money refunded immediately, because i recieve money through Paypal only to protect our transaction. Many thanks.

ME: Of course. I totally and completely trust you reverend. Apologies.
    How much are you asking for the engine? And where are you located?

REV. ALAN PEEVLER: God bless you for respecting God,
    All am asking is $1,650 including shipping because the engine is still
    in perfect condition. Am in Ashburn Virginia

ME: What a lucky break. I have a friend in Reston Virginia who could come
    inspect the motor. Would that be possible? It's funny Peevler is like Porsche. Same amount of letters. Have you ever considered removing the Porsche emblem and putting a Peevler emblem on your cars?

REV. ALAN PEEVLER: I don't think that will be possible because me and my family are having a difficult time now, my son is still in comma in the hospital as a result of the car crash. So send me your complete shipping address and cell phone number with a passport, so that i can give you my money gram or Paypal address.

ME: I am so sorry to hear about your son's comma. I just pray his condition doesn't worsen and he slips into an exclamation point or even worse, a semi-colon. Can I pay you in Canadian dollars or do you only accept Virginia Dinars? Praise God, me

REV. ALAN PEEVLER: Thanks for your understanding, You can pay with Canadian dollars. Western union address. Receivers name: LOIS LITTLE
    ADDRESS: 5020LYNNHAVEN PKWY. VIRGINA BEACH, VA 23464. USA
    OR PAYPAL ADDRESS : [email protected]. If you are using western union the name i used is my church Treasurer or Deaconess. while the PAYPAL address is mine. many thanks and God bless
    Rev. Alan Peevler.

(AFTER THIS EMAIL, I SEND HIM .03 CANADIAN CENTS VIA PAYPAL)

ME: Dearest Reverend, I just sent you $1650 Canadian dollars. I feel bad about the unfavorable exchange rate so i also included an extra $500 to help cure your son of the horrible grammar accident that has befallen him. Give my best to your deaconess, Lois Little. She sounds like a salt of the earth. I don't suppose you have a photo of her topless?? If so, please send. One with Jesus, Ben Kingsley

REV. ALAN PEEVLER: hy, the money at my end is not up to the amount we agreed on. The money is $0.03 CAD, what is your end now?

ME: Not possible. I sent many thousands of Canadian dollars. Can you call ebay to clear up this confusion? Can you put the engine in the mailbox today?

REV. ALAN PEEVLER: i am serious seller. Let me know when you get the situation sort out at your end. Rev. Alan.

ME: I apologize. Sometimes I consider myself a comedian and was trying to be funny. Please forgive me. I really really want my engine back.
    What is the next step?

REV. ALAN PEEVLER: To err is human to forgive is divine,
    You have already being told what to do. Pay and get back your engine
    before i change my mind because my head Quarters has sent me more than enough money to threat my son.

ME: Thank you, Alan. Will you resend wiring instructions and total, please?
    (I ATTACH THE LEMON PARTY JPEG OF AN OLD MAN GAY THREESOME)

REV. ALAN PEEVLER: Receivers name: LOIS LITTLE
    ADDRESS: 5020LYNNHAVEN PKWY. VIRGINA
    BEACH, VA 23464. USA $1,650 (NO MENTION OF PHOTO!!)

ME: (THIS MORNING) Hi Alan. I hope Monday finds you well. Unfortunately, my 356 Porsche is no more. A gang of street thugs, Norwegians actually, hijacked the car last night and tossed it into the LA river. I will no longer need your engine. Now for the good news, my friend is also looking for a Porsche 356 motor 67379. Is it ok if I give him your email address? I am certain he will buy your motor regardless of its actual existence.

Have you ever considered writing a book about the little things in life that bother you? You could call it, MY PET PEEVLERS by Alan Peevler.

Your racked lamb of god, sf

I AM AWAITING HIS RESPONSE.....

2. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    He might show up at your door. I'd be a bit careful, but that is funny about the comma

3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    That was awesome.

4. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I think 'con man' might be a little generous.

5. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Absolutely hilarious. Are you comedian/writer? Thats the email version of the prank calls on howard stern show.

6. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    That is some seriously funny stuff. Haha, oh man, love it!

7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  8. Carbuilder

Carbuilder Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2012
    Bolton, ON
    Full Name:
    Rick
    One of the funniest things I've read on a forum!

9. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    I'd guess that the Reverend is from Nigeria, the frequent home of such scams.

10. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Great read, thanks for the laughter!!! Well done!

Regards,
    Jerry

11. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That was great..

12. SWB

SWB Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Toronto & Ottawa
    Full Name:
    Seth
    That was awesome. Sorry to hear that your out $0.03 CDN!

13. Roupin

Roupin Formula 3

Oct 7, 2013
    Encino
    Full Name:
    Roupin
    The dishonesty is sickening.

Reminds me of a Lost Pet ad a friend of mine put up for her cat after it ran away. A total idiot replied to the ad with a picture of a DOG and claimed he's keeping it until he's paid in full.

Soooo...who wants to be the new email address who gets to play with this guy next? :D

14. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Be very careful. I did the same with some dumb ass Nigerian scam artist on Craigslist. Forgot what I wanted to get rid of but, somehow they got my address. Had the gun in "lock and load" mode for a while after. Just be careful playing with these a-holes. You don't know who they are.

15. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Great read!

16. Blackandbluedino

Apr 16, 2013
    Newport News VA
    Full Name:
    Thomas Gonnella
    That's great! Want to push even harder? I live in Newport News and work in Norfolk, My brother-in-law lives right off Lynnhaven Parkway. 5020 is an apartment complex. Get him back on the hook, get his apt no. and I'll show up with a truck to "pick-up" the engine...

17. conlux

conlux Karting

Feb 2, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve