2015 BMW X5 35d | FerrariChat

2015 BMW X5 35d

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by THE RED MENACE, Oct 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I just ordered a new X5 diesel, M line, carbon black with Nappa Mocha interior. I loaded it up, the one thing I didn't get was the 20 inch wheels. I am on the fence about this, I love the look of the 20's but I just traded my Cayenne Turbo S, and that thing just chewed through tires, I don't wan't to do that again. I plan on putting a lot of miles on this SUV, and it just seems like a waste. I also live in the mid west so I would have to get snow tires because the dealership said they don't make all season tires for the 20's. Has anyone out there seen the 19's in person, I have just looked at them on-line and they look, ok, hopefully they will still make the X5 look nice. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Why didn't you get the Cayenne diesel...were you not happy with your Cayenne Turbo S?

3. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    In general, larger diameter wheels/tires produce a harsher ride. So be aware, if that's important to you.

4. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I had 2 Cayenne's before, one GTS and the Turbo S, and they are a fun car to drive, but I didn't find them that comfortable, the BMW just felt better to me. I just wanted to change it up as well, plus the BMW dealer treats me very well, that it was much cheaper to go the BMW route.