gla 45 vs rr sport | FerrariChat

gla 45 vs rr sport

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 95spiderman, Oct 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    just test drove the little amg crossover and it was great. excellent drive train especially transmission, looks terrific with nice alcantera interior, and the interior room is surprisingly decent. only issue is the price. stickers for about $60k and does not have a good lease deal at about $1k/month

range rover sport is way more luxurious but little too big and ponderous. however, get much more of a value with lease. sticker over $75k but lease only extra $200/month. and the rr does not have a less expensive version to confuse it with as does the non amg gla.

anyone else looking at these cars? btw, I like them both more than macan which is an even worse deal than the amg

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    FYI, the Range Rover Sport is the less expensive version of the Range Rover.

3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    $75k RR for $200 per mo? sounds cheap. what were the terms?

4. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Sorry about that. I the meant the rrs is $200 more per month than the amg. 1200 vs 1000.

And no rrs is not a less expensive version of the rr. Its a totally different model. Different size, shape, purpose, etc. The 2 mb are same car but amg is performance version

5. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    #5 parkerfe, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  6. ALPINE6SPD

ALPINE6SPD Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2006
    NJ
    I would look into a Benz GL class. I am not a Mercedes person but drove one with the V8 and designo interior and was amazed by how much I liked it. They seem to have good deals on leases too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    95spiderman...have you test driven Macan S? Turbo? If so, would be interested in your thoughts about these vs GLA-45 AMG?...T

8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Checked out macan but no drive. Bland exterior. Nice interior but cramped, esp rear head room. And highest price by far. Maybe best driver of bunch but bad value and small interior took it off list.

Mb gl too much a mom van. Kids grown so no need for that.

Rr sport coming early nov. Red with black roof and wheels.

9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    "95spiderman...Rr sport coming early nov. Red with black roof and wheels."

Thanks for that. I'm slightly more partial to Macan looks. But, I think both the Porsche & the MB are stylish enough. As you said, one can add a lot of upgrades to the 45 before you get into Macan S (and certainly Turbo) territory, which is attractive. This article implies that the AMG is competitive to Macan Turbo performance-wise.

2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 4Matic, GLA45 AMG First Test - Motor Trend

…T

10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Good choice

11. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    +1 good choice.

If you're concerned about image, both the Macan and GLA are too small to be taken seriously. Might be nice cars, but they will always be the cheap entry-level models, despite not being anywhere near cheap.

12. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Just curious, but do you ever intend to go off the pavement?

The mission may help guide the choice.

CW