Top Gear | FerrariChat

Top Gear

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Igor Ound, Jan 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    New series. Thoughts?

Watching 1st episode. That huracan didn't seem stock to me. Faster than its big brother?

2. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    From Sniffpetrol :D

With Top Gear back on BBC2 this Sunday, car forum RevWheel has taken the unusual step of getting its discussion thread about the programme out of the way in advance.

‘We decided it would be quicker and easier to get the Top Gear thread done before the weekend,’ explained RevWheel moderator, the Reverend Will Moderator. ‘So we asked someone to say they didn’t enjoy the show, and someone else to complain that it’s all “scripted”, and then someone else to moan about the mucking about, and then someone else to say ‘I enjoyed it’ with an emoticon that denotes embarrassment, and then someone else to say they hate it and complain that it isn’t about cars any more, and then someone else to ask why everyone watched it if they don’t like it, and then someone else to agree and point out that it’s an entertainment show not a car show, and then someone else to say it’s time it was cancelled, and then someone else to say it’ll never be cancelled because it makes the BBC too much money, and then someone else to state completely inaccurate facts about how much the show earns, and then someone else to say it’s too “scripted” again, and then someone else to mention William Woollard, and then we just copy and pasted all that over and over and over again until we ended up with 47 pages of repetitive drivel, and that spared us having to do it for real on Sunday night.’

‘This really has saved a lot of time,’ Rev. Moderator noted. ‘In fact, we’re now considering doing pre-built threads for politics, Chris Harris and the Mazda MX5.’

3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Top Gear's last episode ever will in fact be Chris Harris driving a Mazda in North Korea with a "Ching Chong Un" number plate, minutes before the nuclear warfare

BTW that Lambo was something else on the track. Does the Aventador have the same advanced awd system with accelerometers similar to the gtr's one?

4. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hopefully someone uploads it to YouTube so I can watch it tonight, before it gets taken down tomorrow...

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I liked it a lot. Reminded me of the earlier seasons. Did anyone else notice the 911 earlier in the episode when Stig was using the crosswalk? They did a really obvious photoshop of it to paint it all black. You can tell it was the same car as it was fenced off and next to a red Mazda and a blue BMW in both scenes.

First seen at 13:11 and then again at 1:00:49. I was hoping they would show the car more the first time and was glad they showed it again and it looked much better in its actual paint scheme. :)

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Unfortunately Top Gear hasn't mentioned the new (much) faster tarmac they have now making most times even more irrelevant than before. Before conditions/temperature made a difference always but the new tarmac is much stickier. Not sure when it was laid down but was after Vettel and before Lewham (also explains the 1.1s gap).

USA gets it today on BBC America (presumably).

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #7 Bas, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY1501ZssxU[/ame]

This shows more of the upcoming season. I really do think this one will be a lot more like the earlier seasons when top Gear was in it's prime (season 7 to 12ish?).

8. scuderia92

scuderia92 Formula Junior

May 23, 2013
    The car you see first during the "season 22" clip in the first episode, is it the 458 Speciale?

9. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    just watched and enjoyed even if Russian race was silly, repetitive, and probably staged.
    don't agree with them re hurracan. its better than Gallardo and the aventador is their crazy model. base model has to be somewhat mainstream. that's why they don't use scissor doors on it
    hoping j may can do good job with laf and that they give detailed opinion as to which they like better vs p1 and 918. not just typical Hammond takes Porsche, may Ferrari, and Clarkson macca.

10. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    They will be testing the LAF :)

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    R35 boys are a little butt hurt after yesterdays episode...

Sad.

12. zc911

zc911 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Brampton, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rob
    that Bentley is a beast!

I think someone needs to build a GTR rally car lol

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I think the last episode was a bit boring. I was impressed with the Beemer though. The noise..my goodness!