Does the ounfer of Ikon have a discernable direction? | FerrariChat

Does the ounfer of Ikon have a discernable direction?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by bitzman, Jan 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    OK I could vaguely understand it when this entrepreneur bought old Toyotas and updated these 4 x 4s underneath so they looked old but were totally modern. I read a big story about him and the way he started was Toyota had him create a couple of new-old show trucks and other people wanted them,,,so he met demand by refurbishing old Land Cruisers. But I saw a redcnt ad and now he's got something that looks like a ratty '53 Chevy pickup and in that interview he says he's starting a "derelict" line where the car will be rusty and look like it's on the way to the scrapyard but underneath will be state of the art. Who is going to buy a car like this? What guy could reason with is wife with a line like "I know it looks like poop, honey, but it'll do 140 mph and corner at 1 g and has 11 speakers and.."

Either this guy is a genius for discovering a market niche no one knew existed or,,,

2. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    ...Farmtruck.

Talk about a "sleeper!"

3. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    He was on the smoking tire podcast recently. He's got a wait list of 4 years for his "normal" products. He also does special projects like an old Aston Martin that will be a new vanquish underneath (supposedly costing $1M+).

He has found a niche. He states he has no interest in scaling up. He started it as a hobby, and just likes doing these kinds of cars/ trucks.