Stinger Radar system | FerrariChat

Stinger Radar system

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Countachqv, Feb 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Does any of you has installed a Stinger 3.0 system ? If so, I would be interested in feedback either here or via PM if you'd rather go private.

2. C63

C63 Rookie

Jun 12, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Stinger Rep.
    #2 C63, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I'm thinking... Google Glass integration or other optical head-mounted display system.

4. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Hi Cliff, I have a question that may be relevant for this thread. Part of the art of such an expensive product to meet its claims is the installation. Any product being installed at that price for the type of cars it goes into needs to be "tested".

So it there a formal test suite conducted after an installation by the owner driving the car in a controlled environment? One would certainly not like to find out the hard way if it works or not for that kind of money.

5. C63

C63 Rookie

Jun 12, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Stinger Rep.
    #5 C63, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
    That's a great question! Very comprehensive testing was performed 2 months ago in Arizona by Radar Roy. All the top rated windshield Radar Detectors (V1, Redline, 9500ix etc.) and installed remote detectors (9500ci, STi-R+) were tested and rated. The Stinger VIP ranked 1st besting some of the best rated detectors by an average of over 1100 feet and in some cases, by more than 3300 feet. At 100 MPH, that's over 20 seconds of advanced warning over the others. The actual test results may be found here: https://www.radarbusters.com/Stinger-VIP-Radar-Detector-p/stinger-vip.htm

As to an after the install testing, there are some testing groups around the country that would be able to assist you.

Cliff