Shipping damage help | FerrariChat

Shipping damage help

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by twist-a-grip, Mar 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    I just bought a brand new car and had it shipped to me. Transport driver dinged up the carbon splitter and front wheel in the process. He was a sub on the job from a large shipping logistics company (set up by the dealer). I went straight to the big shipping company to address my damage and they were happy to deal with it. But having just sold a car that had a ding on the Carfax report, as stupid and little the damage was - I took a huge hit on resale, and voiced my concern about the shipping damage, given it's $5k replacement cost, hitting Carfax. The shipper claimed he talked to an insurance friend and he seemed to think there was a very good chance Carfax would be alerted if it went through the sub's insurance, so maybe I could work out a cash deal with the sub. Does anyone have experience with shipping damage being reported to Carfax? Do you think they are just trying to keep it off their plate by telling me to deal with the sub? Any input regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

2. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    carfax will explain damage. no biggie. it may not even show. opinion from a person with no money involved

3. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    One last thing - can you negotiate with carfax about what it says or whether or not they put it on the report?

4. leggs

leggs Karting

Apr 5, 2007
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Full Name:
    Matthew Rapoport
    What is the carriers's deductible? What did you pay to ship? Not sure why a wheel and bumper piece would need to be put on Carfax.

5. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    Nevermind, got them to send a wire for the whole thing - guessing his deductible must have been at or near $5k!!