Starwood jeep? | FerrariChat

Starwood jeep?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Juice It, Apr 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Anyone here have knowledge of the custom jeep market they could share? Never had a jeep but some of them look like they would be a lot of fun although I assume 95% of these never make it off road. Are there better companies to buy from that may hold value or have a better reputation than another or do all these 70k jeeps drop like a new AMG? Are there must have options? Anyone here have one? There is a place on eBay called texas vehicle exchange that has a bunch of very nice looking ones, anyone delt with them? Thx!

2. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Look like some nice mall crawlers... :D
    They do look well built, but I think the fun of having a built jeep is actually building it. But if you want turn key, then Starwood or Icon are the kind of companies to go with.
    The other option is to find one slightly used that's been built, that saves the most.

3. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    Build your own....

before I did mine.. I considered a pre-built one as well... as you dig deeper, you will find most start out life as the base SPORT model, then they customize it.

I wanted a RUBICON, so bought new at Huntington Beach Jeep, they advertise GREAT prices on their website, some 5k off of sticker... I had them add MOPAR 3" lift w fox shocks and 35"tires.... bought the LIFETIME/UNLIMITED MILE warranty (from different dealer, cheaper) for $2300.00. Could of saved a few bucks having tires and lift done somewhere else, but for warranty concerns, had them do it.. so any issues down the road, I wont hear "well someone else did the lift, and that's the cause of the problem".

MUST HAVES---- 4.10 Gears if your ever gonna go with 35" tires or larger!! I love the locking hubs on the RUBICON as well as the STRONGER axles on the RUBICON (compared to the other models)

Crazy thing about Jeep Wranglers, is how they hold their value!

good luck enjoy... FYI Scottsdale Ferrari always has a bunch customized.. but again BASE models, all done up.

PM me if ya have any questions