What would you buy next to your 458? | FerrariChat

What would you buy next to your 458?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by StatusIV, May 31, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StatusIV

StatusIV Rookie

Apr 20, 2015
    Lebanon
    Just recently, I bought 458 Italia and I sold my R8 V10 (R-Tronic)
    So far my options are.
    Jaguar F-Type S
    Porsche Carrera S
    Porsche Cayman GT4

I'm looking for something to enjoy driving, I had Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged (2014) It's really nice In terms of exterior/Interior but Handling/Braking It's not as I expected

Your suggestions are welcome..

2. Bounce

Bounce Formula 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Where does your enjoyment come from? If it's driving dynamics give an M4 a test drive, doesn't sound nice but it shines in handling.

3. StatusIV

StatusIV Rookie

Apr 20, 2015
    Lebanon
    Yep driving dynamic and light weight cars , As for example Scuderia but It's useless to have it next to 458 as a car can drive it daily.

I'll test the M4

4. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    you can never go wrong with a 911 as a DD

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    +1 It has looks, performance, reliability, good dealer network and an enviable place in sports car history...T

6. boilerup1998

boilerup1998 Rookie

Apr 7, 2014
    Indiana
    I vote for the AMG GTS. I have had one for about three weeks now and have enjoyed it more than any other car I have driven. It seems like a good complement to your 458.

7. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    If you are looking for something to enjoy driving with, I can almost guarantee you the Cayman GT4 will be the one for you according to what I've read. The F-Type S has a glorious exhaust note but it's too heavy, and Carreras are everywhere. The GT4 seems to be a lighter, smaller version of the 911 GT3, so it will probably be the most engaging of the group to drive. Hope you're okay with a manual transmission though...no automatic/paddle shifters offered on the GT4.

8. StatusIV

StatusIV Rookie

Apr 20, 2015
    Lebanon
    Today I took the F-Type for 2 hours as test drive, I turn traction control off.
    And Its so heavy makes it a bit unpredictable , I was confidence what she will do
    I returned it and told him It's not for me.

The only problem I have with GT4 that It's manual so In traffic I'll have to get use to that but since I love challenging my self, I think she will be next.

You prefer carrera or cayman In terms of handling and weight ?

Any recommendation for a light weight car that Is fun to drive and looks good next to 458?
    Thanks <3

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

That's a near religious debate among Porsche owners I know, but I would vote for the mid-engine Cayman, despite being in love with my 911...T

10. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Carrera S would be my choice.

11. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Ferrari FF.

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    +1

13. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    #14 ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    Given traffic patterns, it would most likely have to be PDK -- ffffffffffff _ _ _ that hurt!

14. StatusIV

StatusIV Rookie

Apr 20, 2015
    Lebanon
    Thanks all , I think It will be Carrera at the end of the day. <3

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Great choice. Post pics!
    T

16. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  17. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    An Abarth (modified of course), as much fun as cars costing 10 times as much.

18. StatusIV

StatusIV Rookie

Apr 20, 2015
    Lebanon
    I'm still hesitating between Carrera and Cayman , And I haven't test AMG GTS but the fact that I can pay extra more and be able to buy Ferrari FF for the price Is stopping me from pulling the trigger,
    Anyone test driven AMG GTS?

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    gt4 without shadow of doubt.

20. StatusIV

StatusIV Rookie

Apr 20, 2015
    Lebanon
    In my city It's full of traffic , So It's gonna be a pain in the ass for a manual till they release a PDK version.

21. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Don't really want to start an argument, but traffic sucks no matter which transmission you drive. Of course, I've never been to Lebanon and am not sure how it compares to what we can be subject to in the Raleigh and Charlotte areas of NC, but I'm in stop and roll traffic with a clutch pedal a lot and never find myself longing for two pedals.

Porsche made the decision to offer the Cayman GT4 exclusively with the manual because you can no longer get a 911 GT3 with three pedals. The GT3 is more of a track car, whereas the GT4 is more of a blast-around-on-empty-back-roads kind of car, so I don't really see them offering a PDK anytime soon. If the manual transmission is going to be too much, I'd recommend looking elsewhere, but I'm sure you'll find it more involving when you're not on congested roads than a PDK car.

22. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    This may seem like a stupid question, but does tooling around Lebanon in a Ferrari or Porsche make you a target for kidnappers, or do people assume you are someone very important and give you a wide berth like China?

23. StatusIV

StatusIV Rookie

Apr 20, 2015
    Lebanon
    #24 StatusIV, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    As much as heard there will be a PDK on Cayman GT4 but that's will ruin the sales for the GT3 so not sure, However to me what counts Is the weight of the car since traction will be off or semi-off so when I tried that In F-Type I didn't enjoy it much since It felt so heavy.
    I'll test drive the GT4 though any recommendation of light weight one that u can enjoy on corners?

Not since you won't go to poor places with a 458..

24. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I love my SL63 AMG next to my 458 spider. It's quick , comfortable and good looking in silver.