Anyone Buying the 2016 NSX? | FerrariChat

Anyone Buying the 2016 NSX?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by lencap, Jul 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lencap

lencap Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    Despite the lack of information I've noticed local dealers reporting more deposits lately.

Price estimates seem to be $175-200K on intro.

A used F430 is pretty attractively priced right now, but for not much difference in price is the NSX a car that you'd buy?

2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I would have been in at 120K or so it was rumored to be at. 175-200K puts it into the used 430 speciale numbers.

3. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I've been an NSX fan since I started loving cars. I was considering to sell everything I have to buy the Mk2, but it already seems outdated. I will wait for the reviews. One insanely huge act to follow.. R8, i8, I don't know what new they're bringing as an experience vs all the already very capable cars out there...

4. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Outdated ?
    Its to be the only car with torque vectoring motors in the front which is supposed to pull you through the corners.
    Not even the LaFerrari has this.
    If your a techno geek that's kind of cool.
    To me the i8 is blah.

But at 175K + I'd rather have a car that SCREAMS !

5. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    At this price badge envy will relegate the NSX to failure I am sorry to say.

6. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I would have to agree.

7. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    NSX wouldn't even be in my top three at that price.

8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Too futuristic looking. Bulky and looks plastically. Lacks elegance. Will be hard to compete with the price of a used Scud

9. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Agreed. It doesn't have the cleanliness and elegance in styling that the original had. I was hoping something more along the lines of what McLaren did with the 12C. Clean, classically modern exotic design sensibility.

10. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    If you want to actually drive the car say 10K mi a year, then the NSX is a better choice than any Ferrari; problem is I don't see it outperforming my 991 GT3 or being any more practical, and at $140K for my GT3 why get the Acura?

I bet it is made at volumes like the prior NSX and if so they will sell hundreds.

11. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    This.

12. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Believe at this price range it has the same problem as 70's and 80's cars. And that is in this range there is so many options to chose from. Especially if they perform better. I don't see it better then the Nissan GTR. NSX needs to be better then that.

13. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Its on my short list for next car and i hated original nsx. My partner had 4 of them and i felt was as exciting as a camry. New one is gorgeous. Had it parked next to macca 570s at car show and its better looking. Not a fan of turbos but adding hybrid to it might be good thing. Its basically a porsche 918 for 25% price. Worry about batteries and new tech if track it 6-8 times year though.

For me its nsx, 570s, new r8, or used 458. All will be similar $ at $175 and all worth it to me

14. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    The problem I had with the original, was performance. The car looked good, it has a nice interior, etc. But it wasn't much faster then the near new 928S4 I was driving at the time. So I lost interest.

15. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Gorgeous? The new one looks terrible. I appreciated this article in Automobile magazine ripping apart the design

By Design: 2016 Acura NSX

16. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Cumberford can be an opinionated ass but at least he explains in detail why he does or doesn't like something.
    He lavishes on the i8 which to me is nothing exceptional.

I thought handing the NSX exterior design project to a young inexperienced woman was a risk and perhaps it could have turned out better but by no means is it bad. For the front end I'm sure someone at the tippy top of the corporation thought that silver wedge snout was a killer look so forced it into every design. "Here is this.. make it work".

17. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    I guess it is mostly the front end that looks bad, and that may have been forced on to match the other cars in their line-up as you said

Still.. I didn't even bother to take a picture of it at the auto show.

18. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    I don't get the i8 at all. I am immediately turned off due to fact it looks like it's pinching a 911 loaf from the back. Odd design for the sake of being odd IMO. The NSX is very interesting but jumps on the hybrid bandwagon and adds mass without enough performance to go with.

My primary 2016 interest is the Miata. Less mass than the 4C; and the robust aftermarket will deal with the lack of horse power and the soft suspension. I predict by the end of next year you can have one with 300 hp and the new MX 5 cup suspension

19. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    #19 DriveAfterDark, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Will be interesting to see which one will sell better between this and the new mclaren

21. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Small world - I worked in that building for 5 years :)

22. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    I visited with a local Acura salesman last month regarding getting on the list. He told me they were expecting them to list at $150 but were going to be be sold at $25k over sticker which had to be deposited to get on the list- no exceptions.

23. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Looked to me to be a car not designed at all, sort of just put together, which in same ways can have appeal. Acura design in genral has been in the dumps for a decade.

Its either acut price P1, or a poor Gt3, 570s competitor.

24. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yeah, I wouldn't expect that to last too long.

25. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Um, 2016?? I think OP is kidding himself here.

I agree with some others here, we've been looking at prototypes and waiting so long that this thing feels outdated before it's even launched. Don't get me wrong, I think the car is handsome and I expect it to be quick, but it lost its specialness a long time ago.

Already Nissan GT-R seems like it will be a better performer, and when this NSX finally hits, the R36 will likely be on its way to showrooms.

And again as others mentioned, 570S will be in same price range, and there's simply no comparison. Porsche GT3, GT3 RS is also enough to make it a no-contest. R8 is probably a toss up.

As far as reliability, it's got too much going on to be trouble free like the last (underpowered) car. And the Acura dealer experience isn't exactly great, or anything close to cheap after the warranty is up.