Anyone here pick up a McLaren 675LT? | FerrariChat

Anyone here pick up a McLaren 675LT?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by freshmeat, Jul 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #1 freshmeat, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    According to numerous reviews, it sounds like McLaren has done a super job on balancing out it's "clinical precision" with more "visceral rawness".

I found these few bits I read really interesting, such as:

"Normal and Track shift programs remain the same as on the 650S; the latter mode utilizes an aggressive "inertial push" strategy that mates the flywheel and clutch plate earlier than normal for a faster, more "shocking" shift."

"An added bonus: Unburned fuel ignites downstream in the exhaust system for a satisfying pop and the occasional burst of flame, visible at night."

"Steering is quick (the quickest in McLaren's stable, even faster than P1) and consistent."

"You will find yourself driving around in traffic and shifting for no reason just for the sound and sensation,"

---------------

Wondering if anyone here was fortunate enough to get behind the wheel of one and able to compare it to a 360CS/430Scud/458Spec?

MotorTrend's review article:
    2016 McLaren 675LT First Drive Review - Motor Trend

---------------

Chris Harris' review:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QtMaV7kMjc[/ame]

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

only mclaren ive drivin are mp4 and 12c

wonderful car, precision everywhere, if it has no turbo i am in for one of those.

3. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Crazy numbers on paper - has to be a monster.

The unburnt fuel should not only sound awesome, but probably helps to keep the turbo spinning. BMW does this with the new M3/M4 engine also. Anti-lag as it is known in rally.

Ferrari upped the steering ratio from the 430 to the 458 with very positive results. Sounds like McLaren did the same here.

Only 500 though - very limited.

Not crazy about the front, but I really like the rest of it.

Interesting comments on the differential. Seems like he couldn't sustain any substantial drifts, so they went to slow mo ; )

I love the competition, can only benefit the enthusiasts.

No I have not driven one.

4. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I absolutely love it. I'm sure it looks even better in person.

5. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Saw that video too. Does sound like a much more fun car to drive. Also sounds like they copied Ferrari on the side slip control.

6. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    #7 butcher, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas