need part for mercedes ml350 | FerrariChat

need part for mercedes ml350

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by ross, Aug 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    hi guys. am hoping somebody here can help me out.
    i need a left rear door lock actuator for a 2006 mercedes ml350.
    i cannot find a used or rebuilt one on ebay - all of them seem to be for other doors, and i am told they door specific.

so, the questions are:
    - are these actuators door specific? i can see left and right sides being different, but are the front and rear left doors using different actuators??
    - if they are specific, does somebody have a rebuilt one handy they can sell me?

i already checked with mb, and the new ones are $350 which seems a helluva lot for this part, hence my questions.

thanks

2. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    Do yourself a favor and just buy the correct part over the counter. Yes, they are door specific. The time you are wasting to find a used part which may or may not be correct or working is not worth the hassle IMHO. After that, do you know how to sync it with the system and clear the codes? I'm assuming you are going to install it yourself.

3. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Maybe there is a Ferrari part that could fit for less money?

I owned several MLs over the years but would not consider one that was out of warranty. Great and versatile vehicles but EVERYTHING is expensive on those suckers.

Ha ha, I crack myself up sometimes! :D

4. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    well i have called a couple different mercedes dealers and the costs are all over the board.

the part cost ranges from $300-450, and the labor time goes from <1 hour to >2.5 hours. i guess some of these dealers are swindlers and others less so....