Looking for a new stable mate | FerrariChat

Looking for a new stable mate

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Afonsolaw, Aug 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I have been thinking of adding a new car to the collection my choices are Mercedes SLR , Lambo LP 640, ferrari 458, bmw Z8. Uniqueness and appreciation are a factor.

2. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The 458 is probably the only one that will depreciate, but is probably the best to drive. The Z8 is beautiful (saw one last weekend). The Lambo is a Lambo with a v12. And the SLR is rare and badass.

In other words.. I don't think you really can go wrong with any of them. They are all pretty different so it depends what kind of experience you are looking for.

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Considering what you are looking for the Z8 would be my choice. BMW is not likely to ever build anything like that again since they are going in the i8 direction for their upper level cars. There will always be another Ferrari and Lambo so they are not going to go in the direction of up when it comes to their value down the road. The SLR never thrilled me and knowing MB, I would not want to have to maintain that thing when it is 20 years old.

4. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    SLR without a doubt

5. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I just saw this old thread... I went with the SLS instead and love it :)

6. jvmax

jvmax Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    John
    good choice, these gullwings are disappearing and rising in price lately. I'm not sure when and if Mercedes builds another one. Some say 2019 or 2020.