Mercedes CLA45 AMG | FerrariChat

Mercedes CLA45 AMG

Discussion in 'Other German' started by daytona355, Aug 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Went for a service with the C63 Thursday, usual story, 2000 miles have passed again so new rear tyres needed, car shows 8000 overall, so also fronts this time.

Anyhow, I need a 4 wheel drive for our lovely weather here, and the c63 was an impulse buy. Anyhow, the dealer had a white CLA45 there, specced very nicely, so I pulled the trigger. Haven't had chance to enjoy it properly yet (run in period is 1000 miles at 4500 revs max and 85mph Max), but impressed so far.

The 4 wheel drive is front biased apparently, but can go 50/50, and the way I drive, I'm guessing it will need to!

Got me out the c63 which has tanked in value from new (not unexpected).

Anyone else have one, your thoughts?

2. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Don't have one but a couple of mates have them (well one has the CLA, the other the GLA - same drivetrain). They love 'em - despite their thirst :) I always know when they are nearby though as there is nothing subtle about the exhaust note :D

3. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    PS: GLA owners wife seems to take it more than her own car... that could be an issue :D

4. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I don't suspect they are any thirstiest than the c63, overall, over 8000 miles I got an average of 14 to the gallon, from day one with the car. Rarely saw more than 16.3 unless on the highway and staying under 85.

Then again, I don't do many miles a year, so petrol costs are a concern (6-7000 a year across the merc and Ferrari) as I work from home, and clients come to me. The only driving I do is pleasure and for shopping! I'm guessing the CLA woll get into the 20's, that's good enough. I bought it for the four wheel drive ability to take the edge off when it's wet or icy - the 458 was away better in either than the c63 and doesn't toast it's tyres in 2000 miles either

I also have a performance sports exhaust upgrade, even in the 40 miles I have taken her, it's a great sound!

The Mrs does like the car, but I think she loves her x5 more, but if she wants to use it, I won't worry. I'm too old for the hatch version, the CLA suits me a bit better as it looks a lot like the c63

5. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I meant to say petrol costs not a concern

6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    So, the CLA is going 20 to the gallon over its first 230 miles.......... Not sure that's good really, the C63 averaged 15!