where's motor trend pcoy? | FerrariChat

where's motor trend pcoy?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 95spiderman, Sep 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    only good thing about end of summer is that's usually when mt releases their pcoy videos.

ive searched web but so far no 2015. anyone know when/if its coming out?

should be great year with speciale, huracan, gt3rs, z06 etc.

2. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mZBouwiYGU[/ame]

3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    thanks! been enjoying the installments all week. surprised at amg and disappointed in z06. too bad couldn't get speciale and huracan though

4. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    lots of good advice here that wouldn't ordinarily get like gt4 has super long gearing. amg c is best sports sedan on market now which means m3 had been dethroned

hope they give the biometric numbers on randy driving and do the drag race tomorrow

5. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Have to agree that the Z06 was a huge disappointment. Apparently there was a fuel pressure issue or something related that kept it down on power. The bad gas comment was stupid though. Hopefully, it gets fixed and as Randy said in his interview they come back for another try.

6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    aventador, viper, and now z06 all came in last place in this test

7. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    kinda surprised that the AMG GT won. must be a hell of a car, everyone raves about the GT4.

8. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I would hardly call the AMG the best sport sedan in the world-both Cadillac's out ran it and I believe the MT tagline was "when better BMWs are built, Caddy will build them".
    They nit picked some silly stuff that kept them from scoring higher. Best performance sport sedans(especially the chassis) are built by Cadillac now-regardless of how much the German car fans protest.

9. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    chassis yes, but motor not up to snuff yet esp with ats v. thats a big part of the equation. regardless, i would now at least test out an amg if i was in market whereas i would ignore them as german muscle cars before this test.

10. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjLJ6i8iYJc[/ame]

11. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    I can't wait for F-Chat feedback and evo's CotY.

12. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    head of gtr site says these drag races are staged. they use the numbers from previous tests. not sure why that would be case since cars do actually race in the video. weird.

evo test is best of all but mt's is pretty good anyway

13. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Interesting info is coming out about the Z. Seems it is the same car that C&D wrecked that GM did a quick nascar style repair job to get it back out on track. Actual GM correspondence is starting to surface. Regardless, the cast of characters for this event is laughable when no parameters for selection is in place.

14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Selection consists of sports car being new or upgraded and is available.

Same as every media test

15. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Thought it was kinda silly that the Cayman GT4 came in second because you could leave it in second gear where tested and not have to shift.

My Boxster S 2011 is pretty much the same. In 2nd gear a 2000 rpm tach is 20 mph, 3000 is 30 mph, 5000 is 50 mph and so on. Redline is 7000 or 70 mph. So when l drive in the twisties 2nd gear works great. Dont see how this is a detriment at all. Especially with a mt.

My 458 spider is the same except it is 3rd gear, not second. So l do shift down to second in the slow spots (say 20 mph) as the engine just doesnt have much pull under 2000 rpm.

Both are fun. Of course l shift up to 5 and 6 gear when cruising over 50+ on the highway.

Of course the AMG GT S costs about 3x what the Porsche does.

16. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I never really paid much attention to any car magazine writers opinion simply because it is their opinion and it is like comparing apples to oranges. I do like and respect Randy Probst's opinion though and hold him in high regard but then again it is just one person's opinion. Lap times do not really mean much in the real world of daily commuting.

Just one person's perspective.

PS, What is a pcoy and/or how do they taste?

17. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    I wouldn't take any one person's assessment of anything as the final word. But as long as you have feel for a source and how this person's perspective meshes with yours, I think such POVs can be helpful.

18. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    That is true.

19. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Thought it was Pobst? No 'R'.

20. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Dang fanger, tanks!

21. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
  22. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    The winner seemed valid to me. Not the fastest paper time, simply the best all a round drivers car.
    That mercedes has two contenders tells you they have come a long way.

Would be interesting to see how a GT3 Rs would have placed.

On the other hand a GT3 Rs or a speciale, even a GT4 these are not cars really avialable, they being sold out to "special clients" before they even hot a showroom floor. Whereas a vette AMG, regular GT3 nissan and caddies are availbe for the taking.

CTS V seems great, except it has cue, which would drive me batty and is a sign of continued stupidity at GM.(and yes I have personal experience with cue) Is this car really worth 100K, methinks caddy reaching a little too high up the scale pricewise.

Interestign to see how the contenders compare to the greats of just 5 years back. On that basis the amg and caddies have all the go anyone could need.

I hate though that on some cars they make excuses for eps, yes eps can work, so why have a car where it sucks,.