bmw i3 bev. good or bad ? | FerrariChat

bmw i3 bev. good or bad ?

Discussion in 'Other German' started by Edward 96GTS, Nov 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    bmw is offering the i3 on sale with a lease called "one and done".
    basically its a two year lease but all the payments, taxes and fees are paid up front...$6800
    no further monthly payments.
    2 questions
    1- is the car good
    2- is the lease good
    thanks

2. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I don't care how cheap it is-its a miserable, low performing, ugly car with not very good range. The new Volt(and even the damn Prius) are much better cars.

3. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

...and ugly skinny little tires.

4. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    The car reminds me of the 318 hatchback they made in the 1990s with a new age twist. In Europe BMW sells a lot of small hatch and station wagon vehicle for their gas mileage and practicality. In North America people want a little prestige when they buy a BMW and the little hatch and station wagons don't have a high sales success rate. I get the same vibe from this little car.

The once and done is a nice approach. I tried in vain to get both the Mercedes and BMW dealers to give me a one price upfront for a 3 year lease. They looked at me like I was nuts. Ended up paying cash for a newer used one from an individual. My dad loves his Mercedes but still has 2009 prius with 150,000 miles, never any problems. My sister, nephews, me and his girlfriend all use it as a runaround car when our German sedans are in the shop.