The most interesting car design of our time... | FerrariChat

The most interesting car design of our time...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Newport, Apr 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Uh huh. Not the Dymaxion. Not a Cisitalia. Not a Tucker. Not the DS. Not an original Gullwing. POOF! ;)

2. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Maybe if in our lifetime applies to those born in the 90's. Maybe for the 21st century. But for my lifetime as in born in the 70's, the most interesting has to be the Lamborghini Countach!

3. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    If "interesting" is the only consideration, then I'd take the SLR over that thing any day.

4. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Because "mutant penis" is your thing presumably. :)

5. vee12

vee12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Les
    Wow! What an apt description of the SLR.

6. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    The SLS isn't just sadly, insultingly derivative. It's a third rate hatchet job on one of the few perfect designs we have, IMO.

I can't see "interesting", but that's me.

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Probably the worst knock off of a truly classic car of all time. I wish they never made it.

8. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    You're both certainly entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is. Values on the SLS are going up. I bought mine last Thanksgiving and asking prices have risen $30k since then - almost back to MSRP. In fact, the SLS Black Series is 50% over MSRP and it's only 2 model years old. Point me at a 2011+ car that you can say the same thing about and tell me how much that car sucks. Go ahead...I'll wait.

Values on run of the mill SLRs are sinking. Just ask Yellow Compass about that SLR they're trying to sell. They've dropped their asking price a staggering $82k since last Thanksgiving.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/other-cars/506420-fs-mclaren-mercedes-slr-coupe-only-2-200-miles.html

Game, set, and match. But don't let real world data get in the way of your opinions. lol.

9. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #10 toggie, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. jvmax

jvmax Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    John
    I bought my SLS AMG around the same time you did, its a great car and the market is verifying this. I think the negative comments are from those who missed the boat on this car. The SLR does not even come close to styling, plus it has a supercharger. The SLS is the last of the NA big V8 engines in a mercedes. I have been following the SLS AMG market since last summer, these cars sell very fast when they hit the market unlike the many other exotics that are on the market currently.

11. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    I didn't say the car wasn't appreciating. I said I don't find the design all that interesting.

(Do we have to go into all the other reasons the SLS could be soaring in value, from the public's usually questionable taste, that incredible engine, to it probably being the last NA MB sports car, etc?)

12. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

You're confusing cash and aesthetics.