How to Make Elon Musk Giggle | FerrariChat

How to Make Elon Musk Giggle

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by porsche959, Jun 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. porsche959

porsche959 Rookie

Jan 30, 2014
  2. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    I hope Tesla bankrupts Musk. Can't stand him!

3. porsche959

porsche959 Rookie

Jan 30, 2014
    whys that? Elon is single handidly accelerating tech innovation in a much needed stuck in the past auto industry...

4. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    That would be political! I don't agree with his agenda behind the tech! I'm 100% against the reasons behind Tesla.

5. porsche959

porsche959 Rookie

Jan 30, 2014
    haha, i'm sensing a bit of ICE vs Electric hate...

both can co-exist :)

Tesla for the work commute
    V8/V12 Ferrari for the weekend

6. Carbuilder

Carbuilder Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2012
    Bolton, ON
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Which are? (Other than forcing the other auto makers to get off their asses and start producing some electric cars with daily-driver range and performance......funny how quickly that worked).

7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

+1

8. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    People like to hate on him for taking the DOE loan but how many have been offered 500 mill on very favorable terms for their business?

Thats a hard chunk of change to turn down. Not sure I could do it when it means the survival of your business.

On top of all that he paid off the loan early.....

I dont believe in the whole process of that loan from the gov side but if they are going to hand out free cash at better rates and terms then the banks, its hard to turn down.

9. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Tesla still loses money on every car they produce, and has not shown they has a viable business model. One key assumption is the cost of the Li batteries coming down substantially, although that has not shown to be the case (yet).

At the moment, they can still sell stock to raise cash as they burn through hundreds of millions. A lot of flaws can be covered up by a high stock price.

He is more PT Barnum than Thomas Edison, IMO.

10. bluedog111

bluedog111 Karting

May 5, 2009
    GTA
    He's more like a Howard Hughs. He has to build the giga factory for the battery production and open the mine to source the base material for the batteries. He thinks large and hopes to ween the USA off oil. His hopes are to improve the environment for humanity. Musk thinks large. I hope his goals are reached.