Say it ain't so, Joe, somebody in UK building swb 250GT replicas | FerrariChat

Say it ain't so, Joe, somebody in UK building swb 250GT replicas

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by bitzman, Aug 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Not only the coupe which looks good until you get past the B pillar, but they even build a roadster version with the coupe's nose to the A-pillar. I think the donor car it is built on some kind of BMW two seater, possibly a Z3. I don't think Ferrari will sue them because they haven't built the swb 250GT for over 50 years but it is annoying for them to have a car that isn't proportionately correct "representing" Ferrari and previously they did manage to discourage those making fake 250GTOs on Nissan 240Z chassis.
    I can't figure out if it's Nubodi Automotive or Burton Power Products building this car as
    both are mentioned in the cover story on this British kit car magazine sold at Barnes & Noble.

2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
  3. e21jason

e21jason Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I would not call it a gto replica, its 250 gto inspired body panel set for a z3, the interior stays totally stock and i do not think it would fool any one as GTO

Tribute Automotive - MX250 MX250C Mazda MX5 based 1960's style hardtop

In the UK the tests to get a car kit car registered are quite tight so a lot of kit cars are now conversions based on an unaltered chassis so they are exempt from the test procedure.

Once you alter the chassis or Monocoque, swap drive-trains, change suspension type, body type your are meant to take the car through the IVA, which is roadworthyness test based on a 250 page manual.

J

4. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Ugly..bloody..kitcar...