Mercedes S-class | FerrariChat

Mercedes S-class

Discussion in 'Other German' started by ARTNNYC, Sep 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Ok so am I considering trading in my 2014 Porsche Cayenne GTS which is probably the best sporting SUV ever created. However, I am starting to get old and feel a little soft and now that I do not spend winters up north any longer the additional ground clearance is not an issue so I am considering a sedan.
    I really have looked at them all and am considering an S-class Mercedes but what has surprised me is how many new 2016's there are around still for sale. In fact I do not see any 2017's even listed for sale anywhere where as Mercedes dealers have plenty 2017's of their other models.
    Does anyone here own the new model S-class and have any input?
    Thanks

2. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I had a '14 s550 and recently traded up to a '16 s550. I'm not totally sure I understand your question. I can tell you it's a great car. It's so pillowy soft to drive and has such a polite manner by which the power is delivered. It really reminds me of my Rolls Royce a ton in that respect. Test drive one and see if you like it but I highly recommend it.

3. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    It was a busy year for Mercedes with a decent number of 'new for '17' models that've been out for a number of months. Plus Mercedes 'renamed' all of their suvs with the GL nomenclature across the line. Between new models and new names they pushed the 17s out earlier than usual for most of their products. The S is staying mostly the same so I wouldn't read too much into this.

4. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Thanks for the input so far. Jo I was just asking why there are so many 16's still around and how did owners like their cars. I realize sedans are not nearly as popular as luxury SUV's these days and that maybe that accounts for the large volume of still unsold 2016's

5. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'm late on this post but noticed the same excess supply of S classes. Great car and ridiculous lease prices. I don't think it's geographic because I received the same promotional stuff on 2016's from dealers in Colorado and Florida.

It's a huge car but I really like them. I'd buy one before the next version has a 3 cylinder engine with a 27 speed transmission. Only slightly kidding. The new E with the 4 and 4 cylinder diesel in the ML are awful IMO. Mileage targets I guess.