2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV loving the new truck!! | FerrariChat

2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV loving the new truck!!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by E60 M5, Oct 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    #1 E60 M5, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Soooo, got a crazy call from our Cadillac dealer on Friday, last day of September. The GM starts with "I need to sell 3 more cars before close of business or get penalties from Cadillac, are you still interested in a truck??!!". We had been in the dealership 2 weeks prior so I already know what his pricing will be on a new 2016 Escalade ESV. I tell him he has to make my payments below xxx amount and no money down from me and lease with 12k mileage a year. He asks what color, I tell him white with black interior, he says when can you get here I will do the deal. This is at 3:30 in the afternoon, so I tell him we will be in by 6pm.
    We arrive at the dealership car is in detailed and waiting in service lane. My wife and I make a quick inspection of the car, confirm my demands and then shake hands.
    We process out and go over the car for about an hour and drive home.
    INCREDIBLE!! They took $3860 loss to sell the truck!! They made their minimums so they were happy.

Here are pics of old and new truck.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    By the way, love the new truck!!! HUD, voice command, lane departure, leather and trim all top notch, really enjoy the new truck!! Highly recommend!!

3. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Awesome, glad you like it.

4. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

OMG... How long is that thing?... looks like 18-19 feet.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Congrats! My friend has the last gen ESV and it's MASSIVE. LOL!

Btw, your post hits an important part in new car buying. Wait until near the end of the month (or quarter) when dealers have to meet goals set by the manufacturers. If the dealer already met it by the end, they won't care to make a deal, but if they haven't like in your case, they will be. :)

And not related to the thread, but I also recommend against discussing financing and trade-ins with the dealer until AFTER a price has been agreed upon. And if they give a crap rate with financing, tell them PenFed's rate (thanks for the rec E60) and have them match or better it. My friend did that with his new Honda purchase a few months back.

6. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Just returned from a trip towing my daughters horse and trailer and gotta say it handles light years ahead of the old Escalade ESV.

Not once did it go into over drive, it just motored along and we were going up and down some good hills in the Blue Ridge. I really like the 8 speed transmission even more now!

7. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    Limo for the family. 😎

Sounds like you got a great deal.

8. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Don't let the warranty lapse... sell it before.

9. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Its a lease, 36 months. Yeah, I have recently heard some interesting things about the new trucks.

10. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Incredibly nice vehicles.

11. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    I traded in an near identical ESV for the 2016 Yuk XL Denali earlier this year. My wife loves it! I went with the Denali over the new ESV mostly because of the ergonomics of the control stack. I like the tactile knobs of the Denali over the touch buttons of the ESV, but the styling of the new ESVs is gorgeous.

Have you had any frustrations with the control panel? And to reference the quote above, what issues have you heard of with these?

12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    That's a beauty, congrats! Love the new Escalades.

13. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I would agree that I kinda hate the touch controls!! You can't always easily identify where to touch without looking twice. Big bonus for the Denali is having the knobs, I would have preferred them, however, the deal on the ESV was close to Denali money.
    Gotta say, I love the 22" wheels, rides very smooth.

No issues so far, they are covered bumper to bumper 4 years 50K miles, plus basic maintenance. Truck will be long gone before I have to worry about any out of pocket expense.

14. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Had 2 '16's and got '17. They are great.

15. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Does your '17 have the new 10 speed transmission?? I heard that was coming the '17 model year.

16. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    It's 8 spd not 10

17. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Well took the truck in for a look at the brakes, got a call today, replacing Master Cylinder, all brakes and rotors!!!!
    WOW!!! Truck only has 3500 miles!!! I made it to 81k miles on my 2010 Escalde ESV before we replaced just the rear brakes!

Upside, driving a loaner Escalade Esv for the week.

18. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Be glad you're leasing... they have a poor rep.

19. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    How about the Suburban LTZ? Any better news?

20. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Problem with the Suburban for me, is the under powered engine. The Yukon XL and Escalade ESV have the 6.2 liter engine I need for towing the horse trailer.

If that doesn't matter, I found the Suburban to be a great value, fully loaded. I like the grill/headlight combo, very aggressive.