Looking for a roadster for Southern CA | FerrariChat

Looking for a roadster for Southern CA

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by rimmie, Oct 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rimmie

rimmie Karting

Aug 28, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    Full Name:
    Joe S.
    Hi Everyone.

I've been reading on this forum for a number of years but don't post often. I purchased my first Ferrari ('75 308 GT4) in 2014 that is being restored at a shop in Indiana. While I wait patiently for this work to be completed, I'm contemplating picking up a roadster to cruise around North County SD on the nice days (which is pretty much all of them). I moved to CA from Detroit about a year ago and I have been working non-stop without much time to enjoy the outdoors. I'm planning to slow things down a bit and enjoy the weather. Some background:

-6'2" inches tall
    -200lbs
    -I'm an engineering type. Enough said...
    -Considering roadsters or convertible sports cars. A 4-seater would be great for my daughters (8yr & 3yr) to go down to PCH.
    -Classic and modern ok
    -Does not need to be practical, but needs to be fun!
    -MT preferred
    -Doesn't need to be super fast. I'm not a speed freak :)
    -Must be somewhat accommodating to a large frame. I'm 37, but I don't move like I used to :)
    -Primarily interested in European classics MG/Triumph/Jag/Morgan/Porsche/Alfa/Maserati/MB/BMW.
    -Considering kit/replica roadsters like the Beck Spyder. I'm also considering a Morgan 3W, but might be too hipster for me. I'd like to find something somewhat unique.
    -Must be realistically priced less than $60k

I've been scouring the internet for a few months but I'm struggling to make a decision. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers!