James Bond Eat Your Heart Out - Wheels Boutique's BMW Z8 on HRE's | FerrariChat

James Bond Eat Your Heart Out - Wheels Boutique's BMW Z8 on HRE's

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Wheelb, Dec 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    #1 Wheelb, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

There are certain cars out there that we lust over for long periods of time and when we finally acquire them we have to tame our excitement so that we focus on the task at hand – make it look better; make it perform better. With the addition of Brembo Brakes, KW Suspenion, and HRE Performance wheels, we are proud to say that we own this glorious BMW Z8. No Mr.Bond, this one is off limits.

Wheel Specs:
    HRE S207
    21”x9” // 21”x11”
    Finish: Brushed Dark Clear Center // Polished Clear Lip
    Tires: Pirelli P Zero
    Front: 255/30/21
    Rear: 305/25/21
    Brembo GT Kit Front and Rear
    KW V2 Coil-Over Suspension

PM us for details, availability, and pricing. Tell us what you think by commenting below!

For more photos visit:https://flic.kr/s/aHskQ9PwGK

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#2 dm_n_stuff, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I understand what you're doing with the car, I just don't understand why. Oh, and maybe you could enlighten the audience here with the sticker for the improvements. How far north of $30K are we? And why hack away at a limited edition BMW in the first place?

Stock version shown below, which is, to me, perfect right out of the box.

21" wheels and lowered suspension must take what little play there was out of the car, but must also replicate the smooth comfortable ride of an Sherman Tank.

Not my style for this car, although others certainly could wear this look beautifully.

D

3. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    Why? Because the owner worked hard to put himself in a position to be able acquire it and he chose to exercise his freedom of expression to do what he likes with it :)

No hacking done here, everything done to the car (coilovers, wheels, tires, and brakes) are easily reversible. All OEM parts are safely secured. If you grouped the modifications together then retail price would fall short of $25k - these pieces do not require one another to work and can be purchased individually.

We're happy to report that this setup maintained all the fun. It's a RIOT to drive even if it's stored in the warehouse for the majority of it's time ;)

4. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I guess "hack away" was a poor choice of terms. I should have more reasonably stated, "modify extensively." My apologies for that.

Your posts are a tad confusing. you're the owner in post 1, your second post speaks of the owner in the 3rd person. This is YOUR car, right?

And, you asked for input, I'm simply expressing my opinion. I would never have modified my Dino with bigger wheels and tires, but some here have. To each to his own I suppose. Likewise my 360, but again, others certainly have. I guess I'm an original intent kind of owner, generally, although I did lower my M Roadster about an inch after I bought it, so there are some exceptions.

I will say this, I don't think around $25K is over the top for what's been done to the car, and the fact that all original parts can be bolted back on when (if) the owner ever decides to sell is a plus.

Again, not my cup of tea, but also not my car, right? :D

D

5. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    The car had to be put in someone's name: the owner of our company here at Wheels Boutique :)

So it's a shop car in every single way except in the technicality sense haha.

We appreciate ALL feedback on here!

6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    This is one car that's just too beautiful to improve upon with any aftermarket piece.

7. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

that's cool. These are on my top three list of beautiful cars that are not priced out of everyone's reach.

I'm just a little envious as well, as they drive as good as they look.

D