Looking to get a price on a museum Corvette 1985 Manual | FerrariChat

Looking to get a price on a museum Corvette 1985 Manual

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Bradwilliams, Dec 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

My mother has a good friend looking to sell a 1985 coupe, manual with 7500 miles. Silver. I can't find any cars that unused on the market. And the queens are around the 18-20k range asking price. What do you guys think she should be asking for this thing?

2. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    I have Haggerty insurance on mine. Their valuation guide says yours in good condition is $6300 and excellent is $11300. Only concours get up to $18800. Those are 100% perfect which yours would have to be. Of course mileage is not the only factor into condition. I know because I have a Bloomington Gold and Top Flight Certified ZR-1 and there are only tire kickers so I will keep it. If you are in need of selling price accordingly. Another thing to think of is an auction with a reserve on it. GLWS.

3. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Thanks for the info. Just spoke with her today and I might be helping her sell this thing. Will post it to the classifieds here if so. Cheers.

4. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    And here I thought you were the expert on all car values ...

;)

GLWS

5. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Take it to an auction ?

Who sells the most American muscle cars ?
    Barrett-Jackson ?

6. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Nothing special on the colour or the year. Miles are great as is manual but same can be said for equivalent year Daytona turbo or Prelude. Try for 12k.

7. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Barrett Jackson is one good auction as is Mecum. Between the two I would do Mecum because I believe the fees are lower and his volume is mostly muscle cars. There are lots of other auctions too but not as well known. I agree with Isobel and try it at $12k. Another thing you could do is go on autotrader or cars.com and see what (if any) other 1985 low mileage cars are listed for.

8. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i agree with above but for some reason the c4 vette just havent appreciated

dont ask what i paid for mile 25k mile 90 zr1....

problem with the auction circuit is that youll have a grand in shipping and a grand in fees....

ebay sounds like your best bet and just blow it out

9. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    So, how much did you pay?! I overpaid too but got exactly what I wanted (at the time) so no big issue with me. I have been watching the trends and certain 80's cars are starting to trend upward. Heck, there was a 80/81 Trans Am with the little 308ci in it that went for $30k earlier this year. Attention is starting to heat up a little for the F-body so I believe in time the C4 will get its due. Those of us that were in Jr High during this time are now of age and means that we can afford to pay for a fine example of the cars we longed for back then. They will come up in value. Or so I hope.

10. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    no doubt the trend on 80s car is up..... all except c4 vettes which is how i wound up with one... yet.

11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    They unfortunaly are not worth much no matter the condition. I would advertise at 15k or best offer, but take no less then 12. You have a bit of a time capsule on your hands.

12. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Honestly if its as good as it is then take it to NCRS meet and have it judged. Then sell it with that paperwork backing up the claims of being perfect.

13. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    an 85 mustang gt with those miles or an 86 GN.... would be easy sales.

no love for the c4

14. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    +1