Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Other Cars > General Automotive Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2017, 10:39 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Chris
Awesome buy, it's been a dream of mine to get a Type-R whether it be imported once they are legal or buying a USDM one. Make some videos of it!
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-21-2017, 11:56 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

I'm a fan of Japanese cars. I also have a nostalgia love for 1970's, 1980's and 1990's cars. Basically the era I grew up in and was a young adult, as well.

Canada exemption on non conforming imports kicks in after 15 years old. Net lots of JDM cars here and all the rare stuff North America didn't get originally is here. A guy in my neighborhood has a right hand drive Honda badged NSX.

The last bit is why I don't have a JDM market Japanese made car. Most are right hand drive and too annoying to drive here.

Anyway, its harder for me to tell you what Japanese makes and models I don't like. I even liked my great aunts 1980's something Corrolla when I was a teenage driver. I even want a mint Civic too a CRX, etc... now day's
Old 04-21-2017, 09:16 PM
Formula Junior
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by max930 View Post
I'm a fan of Japanese cars. I also have a nostalgia love for 1970's, 1980's and 1990's cars. Basically the era I grew up in and was a young adult, as well.

Canada exemption on non conforming imports kicks in after 15 years old. Net lots of JDM cars here and all the rare stuff North America didn't get originally is here. A guy in my neighborhood has a right hand drive Honda badged NSX.

The last bit is why I don't have a JDM market Japanese made car. Most are right hand drive and too annoying to drive here.

Anyway, its harder for me to tell you what Japanese makes and models I don't like. I even liked my great aunts 1980's something Corrolla when I was a teenage driver. I even want a mint Civic too a CRX, etc... now day's
I will be looking at a CRX with 36,000 miles tomorrow!
Old 04-22-2017, 12:24 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Sackey View Post
I will be looking at a CRX with 36,000 miles tomorrow!
Post pictures!!!! I was a Honda fan in the 1980's. Mostly because as a kid 9/10 I started in dirt bikes on a Honda. Several dirt bikes and an ATV in 1987. My like of Honda as a brand, it was easy too like the CRX back then! Coincidence, the Honda dealer I bought my dirt bikes and ATV's at, at the time was the Ferrari dealer.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:25 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

oh I have a good CRX and Carter motors story that just so happened on this date in 1987, a Friday.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

How did the CRX turn out?
Old 04-28-2017, 09:37 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Decided my story is only semi funny. My parents are mostly Mercedes owners. But in 1987, the German DM was on a major upswing and the US/CDN dollars in decline. This pushed the prices up on German cars. April 22nd just happens to be my brothers birthday. At the time my Dad was looking at getting a new 560SEL, the price at the time pushed the MSRP at around $104K. My father was buying my brother a Honda ATV thru Carters Honda motorcycle store. Since at the time, they carried Rolls Royce (and Ferrari), he decided to price out a Rolls Royce Silver Spirit. Since Rolls Royce updated the spirit/spur line mid 1987. Carter had an early Spur left over in inventory. So they offered a huge deal on it.

I just happened to have a school ski day, that Friday. So got too go pick up the new Spur. I was 14 going on 15. My Dad told the sales guys, I was 15 going on 16. The sort of funny, I dragged my father to their Honda store up the street. The sales manager pointed out since the Rolls Royce section was also Ferrari. Most teenagers wanted to check out their Ferraris, and ignored Honda's.

I talked my Dad into buying my grand mother a prelude. I did such a good job on selling him on the Spur VS spirit and then the Prelude. They offered me a job for the summer selling Hondas. Until they realized I wouldn't have a license until the next summer...........................
Old 04-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Formula Junior
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post
How did the CRX turn out?
Mileage was original, but it had sat in the sun all it's life neglected, getting bumped into, etc. Shame. It was white too, manual transmission HF.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:29 PM
Formula Junior
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by max930 View Post
Decided my story is only semi funny. My parents are mostly Mercedes owners. But in 1987, the German DM was on a major upswing and the US/CDN dollars in decline. This pushed the prices up on German cars. April 22nd just happens to be my brothers birthday. At the time my Dad was looking at getting a new 560SEL, the price at the time pushed the MSRP at around $104K. My father was buying my brother a Honda ATV thru Carters Honda motorcycle store. Since at the time, they carried Rolls Royce (and Ferrari), he decided to price out a Rolls Royce Silver Spirit. Since Rolls Royce updated the spirit/spur line mid 1987. Carter had an early Spur left over in inventory. So they offered a huge deal on it.

I just happened to have a school ski day, that Friday. So got too go pick up the new Spur. I was 14 going on 15. My Dad told the sales guys, I was 15 going on 16. The sort of funny, I dragged my father to their Honda store up the street. The sales manager pointed out since the Rolls Royce section was also Ferrari. Most teenagers wanted to check out their Ferraris, and ignored Honda's.

I talked my Dad into buying my grand mother a prelude. I did such a good job on selling him on the Spur VS spirit and then the Prelude. They offered me a job for the summer selling Hondas. Until they realized I wouldn't have a license until the next summer...........................
Great story!!
Old 05-26-2017, 12:17 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

I have a Pheonix yellow one if anyone is interested they can PM me. Car in located in San Francisco and all matching vin 0 accident.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:15 PM
Formula Junior
Sponsor

I have another Integra Type R available, this one is a 2000 finished in Flamenco Black Pearl. It has 32,000 miles from new and has been in CA since new. Contact me at Sterling@SW2tuning.com if interested.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Wow, nice find!
Old 08-12-2017, 08:28 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Rob Manchester
If the VIN starts with JH4DC231 . . then it's a real Type R. It's the 231 part that's revealing. A GSR would be a 238 (239 with leather).
Old 08-12-2017, 06:37 PM
F1 World Champ

Full Name: Duane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Sackey View Post
I have another Integra Type R available, this one is a 2000 finished in Flamenco Black Pearl. It has 32,000 miles from new and has been in CA since new. Contact me at Sterling@SW2tuning.com if interested.
I had a clone of this car. It was stolen. There wasn't much left when it was found. Hell of a car!
Old 08-17-2017, 08:05 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Ken
I believe the DC2 Integra is the most stolen car in history. Had a DC2 in high school/college. Was stolen twice. Once in front of my house. Good thing that night, i didnt have too much gas in the tank. Thieves just left it on the sidd of the freeway.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:09 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgfreak96 View Post
Awesome buy, it's been a dream of mine to get a Type-R whether it be imported once they are legal or buying a USDM one. Make some videos of it!
In 3 years time, the JDM 96 versions will be legal in the U.S. I'll be looking for one in phoenix yellow. A majority are white. JDM versions are 200-300 lbs lighter, come with better seats, a slightly better motor, and imo a better looking front end.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 08-17-2017, 08:16 AM
F1 World Champ

Full Name: Duane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineKen View Post
I believe the DC2 Integra is the most stolen car in history. Had a DC2 in high school/college. Was stolen twice. Once in front of my house. Good thing that night, i didnt have too much gas in the tank. Thieves just left it on the sidd of the freeway.
I remember the same fact. Mine was stolen in front of my apartment. I had received the settlement check from the insurance company and got a call from the police saying they had found what was left of my car. I went to the impound yard and saw the car, it was completely stripped: no motor, tires or interior.

I took the settlement check and bought a new Integra GSR as the dealer didn't have and couldn't locate any Type R's. The GSR was nice but not the same.