Honest help needed to buy a car in United States | FerrariChat

Honest help needed to buy a car in United States

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by BurakUsta, Feb 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BurakUsta

BurakUsta Formula Junior

May 27, 2014
    Istanbul/Turkey
    Full Name:
    Burak Usta
    Hi Everyone,

Currently, i live in New York,Manhattan and will be looking to buy a spyder/convertible around late April. Now the thing is, i normally live in Istanbul, so i don't really know the REAL prices for the cars in here. I don't want to spend more than 70k us dollars, and i will only drive the car through summer and sell it immediately. Some of the cars that i will consider are for example, Merc SL63(N/A), Audi R8/V8 Spyder, AM Vantage v8 Spyder, Carrera 991s spyder, etc...

I will be using the car for;

1- Manhattan-Hamptons on weekends
    2- Random Cruises in the city

First priority is to have a spyder with a decent exhaust sound, because i have a catless 458 at home, i will miss that sound without one. Now, i know that i can get an aftermarket exhaust and get all the sound but i just don't know any tuning shops and i heard that labor price is quite ridiculous.

Regards
    Burak

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    So what is your question? Price? The cars you listed can all be had for $70k except maybe the R8 (unless high miles)..

Id suggest you go on cars.com and enter 70k as maximum and look at what is on the market for each model. You can filter by brand, model, years, mileage and transmission, even by color.

Personally i would go for a 991. The Merc is very uninspiring and not even pretty anymore. The Aston is old old gen but looks nice and sounds good.
    You might be able to fin a Maserati Gran Cabrio for a bit more...