Looking for a lost car. | FerrariChat

Looking for a lost car.

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by RennSport93, Feb 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RennSport93

RennSport93 Karting

Mar 7, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Joe Bellisario
    About 27 years ago,this guy named mike worked for my dad. Mike unfortunatly passed away suddenly and left a son whose only real memory of his dad was driving with him in his 74' vette. Fast forward to tonight as I'm posting some old vettes for sale for my dad on Facebook, I get a message from the son asking if the corvette forsale was his dads(it wasn't). Given the years of dedication he gave my dad to help build his own dream,I feel like I owe it to him to get a vin number so he can find the car and buy it back. The son doesn't have the vin and nothing but a little picture that shows the front of the car to help him identify it. is there anyway I can do to help reunite him with the car? This is the most powerful car community on earth,I feel like if anyone can help, it is you guys.

2. vinny

vinny Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    R.I.
    Full Name:
    Vincent Pitocco
    He can try getting the previous registration from the DMV

3. RennSport93

RennSport93 Karting

Mar 7, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Joe Bellisario
    They don't give that info out,he tried doing that. Then again,depending on who ask at a dmv you get several different answers.

4. Sunracer

Sunracer Formula Junior

May 18, 2005
    Makati City
    Full Name:
    Pierre Beniston
    try corvette forum in the c3 section give qs many details-time and geography etc. It is a huge group

5. RennSport93

RennSport93 Karting

Mar 7, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Joe Bellisario
    Thanks,i'll give that a go.

6. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    There is a corvette registry if you find the VIN. https://www.c3registry.com/

7. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    To get the VIN, you probably need to ask more questions of the son like what town he lived in at the time of the photo, what Chevrolet dealers were/are in that town and nearby, date of the picture, any idea if there were previous owners of the car, any neighbors who can supply clues, etc. Time to put on the Detective Colombo hat.

8. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Long shot, but the car must have been insured. He may be able to get the VIN from the insuance company that covered the car at the time.

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Go to any dealer it was serviced to find the records or the original dealership for purchase (if known regardless if he got it new or used), but given it's age, it will be a longshot. As said above, insurance company info would help. GL with the search.