Kiwi Spotters Thread! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Kiwi Spotters Thread!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by vimal_enzo, Aug 1, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John

oh great, just what we need, another pom .....

2. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Easy now...

....... you were all poms once upon a time :D

3. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    no, the Romans shagged the ring off only the good looking ones a couple of thousand years ago when the built the roads in Londonium plus they also built that thing you guys are scared of .... BATH :D

4. h113862

h113862 Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Wellington/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Callum
    Was it a white Countach? There is a white replica in Wellington that has been seen from time to time.

5. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    It was white but I only saw it from a distance driving along the front. Maybe it was indeed a replica... still stunning all the same :D

6. [355]

[355] F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2006
    Spacious tent
    Full Name:
    Harold Faltermeyer
    black/red 512BB burbling along the road in Christchurch Airport on 2 Aug!

7. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Useless without pics. :D

8. vimal_enzo

vimal_enzo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    VMLN8R
    We were having a beach barbeque at Mission Bay, and my friend yelled out "Ferrari!' I turned around, and it was a Testarossa (I think). Anyways, I ran after it and stared at while the lights were red. The lights went green, and there was a clear road ahead, but the driver didn't floor it. After it left, I walked back, and said, 'he was driving like a girl.' Then someone pointed out, haha, it was an old lady driving it. Funny, never would have expected that.

It was a good day for spotting, I saw a yellow Murcielago, the guy blipped it at the lights and revved it a bit, which was nice, and also a 308/328 being driven pretty fast. People seemed to be about in their weekend toys, saw a load of muscle cars too.

9. vimal_enzo

vimal_enzo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    VMLN8R
    #34 vimal_enzo, Aug 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. vimal_enzo

vimal_enzo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    VMLN8R
    #35 vimal_enzo, Aug 20, 2006
  11. Giles3

Giles3 Karting

Sep 17, 2004
    Palmy - New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Matt Giles
    Nice pics :D How common are these cars spotted around Newmarket? Whenever I got a day to kill in newmarket I see what I can spot. Seen nothing so far :(

BUT - I did see a blue gallardo driving from Aucks to Hamilton on the motorway a couple of weeks ago :D

12. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    OK, these are REALLY old spots, but when I was there a couple of years back, I saw a Azzuro California 360 Spider with Competition alloys driving around Wellington and then in Christchurch I saw a Rosso Crema 360 Spider bombing about a number of time, with a grey haired old boy at the wheel. Good man!

13. vimal_enzo

vimal_enzo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    VMLN8R
    It depends mostly on the weather, yesterday, along with the silver Gallardo, saw a black one, but didn't have enough time to whip my phone out. Saw one Continental GT, and a 355 (blue, with tan coloured seats I think). Also saw this girl, she must have still been in high school, in a 650ci, with about 4 other girls in the back row, no seatbelts or anything. It was kinda excessive..

14. Silver Spider

Silver Spider Karting

May 5, 2005
    Bondi, Australia
    Full Name:
    Marianne
    If you want to see lots of good cars go to the Concours D'Elegance Classic Car Show on Sunday 11th February at Ellerslie in Auckland. www.concours.org.nz Lots of car clubs will be there. I've enjoyed going the last couple of years to have a look.

15. iwanna860monza

iwanna860monza Karting

Sep 19, 2004
    In Porirua last saturday parked all on its own in the middle of nowhere opposite "countdown" I saw a

SILVER GALLARDO

WTF
    I mean why would you leave your Holden parked in Ptown let alone a Gallardo !!!!

Timmmy
    "Get me out of this S**thole"

16. h113862

h113862 Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Wellington/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Callum
    Porirua has seen its share of supercars. Whenever I visit my family there I'll take one of mine. Drive past the marae in Elsdon from time to time - you might see my Diablo or 430 ...

You also know that the owner of the famous chocolate brand there (you know the one) has a fleet of supercars, including (i've been told - never seen it) a McLaren F1!

Callum

17. vimal_enzo

vimal_enzo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    VMLN8R
    Cool! Never would've thought..a McLaren! By the way Callum, is your Diablo a yellow 6.0 SE?

18. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Red 308 Whangaparaoa Road Thursday 26th

19. Silver Spider

Silver Spider Karting

May 5, 2005
    Bondi, Australia
    Full Name:
    Marianne
    I saw about eight Ferraris heading south on the Auckland motorway one weekend afternoon this month during a outing with my MR2 car club.

Also a few Ferraris in carparks one day in Pukekohe earlier this year and on the race track.

Check out Independent Prestige in K Road for some Lambos - we went there with our MR2 car club earlier this year and saw the latest Gallardo Spider in "ruby" red. My club is also going to the Lotus car factory near Waiuku for an outing next month too!

I have seen many exotic cars since I moved from Hamilton to Pukekohe.

Last year when I lived in the Waikato our car club had a combined event with the Ferrari Club ... we drove through the Hunuas and along the east coast with them.

Marianne (MR2ROX to some people)

20. h113862

h113862 Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Wellington/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Callum
    not SE, just a plain old 6.0, i'm afraid :) Lamborghini had a track day a couple of weeks ago. I took a few photos on my phone, but can't get them transferred to the PC. When I do I'll post them. I drove the LP640 - what an astonishing machine!

C

21. h113862

h113862 Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Wellington/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Callum
    #46 h113862, Oct 29, 2006
  22. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    SATAN, just love the plate. Saw an awesome DB9 convertable today, modded pipes I think as it just roared.
    Saw another Ferrari on the road today, mine!!!
    After seven weeks of dealing with NZ compliance finally got her through and home. Battered and bruised and a bit chipped but its oh so good to drive again. My 4.3 litre Izuzu camper just doesn't do it!
    The compliance people obviously dont do too many Ferraris.....most of the electrics have stopped working, the interior has been thrown back together and the dirt...........
    Still, small price to pay and I know what I'll be doing this weekend

23. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Red 360 in Auckland yesterday. Reg MR R J

24. h113862

h113862 Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Wellington/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Callum
    #49 h113862, Nov 3, 2006
  25. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    yep, thats the one.

Saturday 2 more. Red 348 north bound to Orewa and Red 360 drophead in Takapuna, LAPMAN I think.