DFW - Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 108 | FerrariChat

DFW Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by DallasGuy, Nov 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    On Sunday morning in Grapevine, I saw a black Gallardo with black wheels and wing. He was in a hurry and it sounded great. Also in Tyler on Saturday a silver Maybach. Still have not seen the 430 at the B of A.

2. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    That's good 'ol Red Little of Combined Underwriters Insurance.

I've not seen the 430 spider lately, either.

3. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    I spoke to a guy recently who knows Red Little. He said he drives a $150,000 Mercedes S600 AMG as well. must be nice.

4. RHD Imports

RHD Imports Karting

Aug 11, 2007
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    John Plummer
    the shops at legacy is a good place to spot ferrari's most of the time there is one there.....or at least something exotic

5. 505T

505T Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I just saw the same black on black Gallardo (with yellow calipers)...heading west on 114...looks sweet.

6. 505T

505T Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
  7. RHD Imports

RHD Imports Karting

Aug 11, 2007
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    John Plummer
  8. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  9. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I don't know the guy, but I was sitting on a bench outside last October when he drove up, and waited to pick some lucky girl up. I have it on video somewhere...

A younger friend of mine said he knew the guy from a class and he was only 18 (back then), but the windows were tinted dark, so I never even got a look at him.

He drove it really slowly despite our pleading haha...

10. kwiker

kwiker Karting

Mar 27, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nicholas H
    Dark silver 575 with aftermarket wheels, northbound on tollway, from george bush @ 715ish. I was in the Z06 on my way back from taking my mom out to dinner for her birthday.

11. justhrowit

justhrowit Formula 3

Feb 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Jay D.
    Today, around 12:30, pulled up next to a black S65 AMG at Buckner and Garland Roads (Casa Linda). Heading S.W on Buckner. Not exactly an exotic, but some may argue it.

J

12. RHD Imports

RHD Imports Karting

Aug 11, 2007
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    John Plummer
    was anyone around park and the toll way around 2:00 today.......a red carrera gt ziped by me........soooooooo nice! :D

13. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Brentwood, TN
    A couple of weeks back, after dropping the daughter off for a flight out of Love, we stopped by Park Place on Lemmon.. They had a black S65 sitting in the midst of the used stuff on the side.. unlocked.. Wife was looking at it, and noticed the lock plungers were up.. Karma stepped in, and I locked the car for them.. Amazing car. I for one consider it an exotic..

T

14. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Ohhh, now there must be more then just a couple of Carrera GT's in DFW! Guards Red must be nice, it's a very rare color on the CGT.

15. Speed Racerette

Speed Racerette Formula 3

May 24, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    She wants Revenge
    Yellow Gallardo Spider with paper plates yesterday around 6:00 on Denton Tap in Coppell.

Light blue 348 spider with navy top on Preston Rd heading north this morning around 10:20 a.m.

16. 512dreamer

512dreamer Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Spent the weekend in uptown and couldn't help but wonder if there was a Bentley and Maserati convention. There were alot of them there. Also noticed the black Gallardo that has been a hot topic of late. lucky kid, I agree...And the comment on the Benz being an exotic, trust me when I say that they are on par with alot of the exotics out there both in price and performance, just with classier looks.

17. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    There's a black 599 that hangs out in Uptown occasionally, as well as a silver Aston Martin Vanquish that occasionally parks on the street near a small Wells Fargo location. Uptown's a great location to find the more "luxury" oriented sports cars like Aston Martins and Maseratis.

There is an SL65 that parks in front of the ROSS/Marshalls in Preston Center quite often if you're a fan of them. I'd assume the owner of the car is the owner of one or both of the stores.

18. 512dreamer

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Or mabey they need a discounted wardrobe because of the note on the SL?

19. 512dreamer

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    At Preston and Alpha Monday, a gleaming white Pantera pulled up next to me. I wanted to see if he would run it, but there was too much traffic. Also was passed by a red elise on Matilda at McCommas on monday,

20. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    have seen a black 430 coupe and a black 430 spider at Fitzhugh & 75. Also had a black gallardo pull up next to me at the same stoplight. Wife & I had our windows down and wife says, "Hey there's a lambo". Look over and he's got his window down so I say nice car and give him the thumbs up. He mutters something to which my wife responds, "Go jack off, SNOB". I pull away as the light turns and ask why the hell she'd say something like that. She said what he muttered was "you're a waste of my time, you wannabe". It was a very young guy with his buddy riding shotgun. It also had a Ruf license plate frame so somebody may know who it was on here. I was in my 996tt.

I just laughed it off and felt more sorry for him than anything else. My wife was pretty fired up. She really dislikes my little collection and the time I spend with it but she wanted me to show this guy the little collection so he would know he was talking to :) Kinda nice that she was proud of it for once but I told her that's the last person I'd ever want to have anything to do with.

Hmmm, now that I think about it - maybe it was the kid at SMU in his black lambo - does his have a Ruf license plate frame?

21. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    I'll look at the video I took of it the day I took those pictures when I get home from work. If it didn't have yellow brake calipers, then it wasn't the guy.

Also, for anyone who just likes to go around town looking at rare cars in their free time, a few dealerships around town have some cool things.

RUF Auto Centre has a Callaway C12, Panoz Esperante, and Ford RS200, and maybe still the Shelby Series 1.

Andretti Motors on Oaklawn had a Qvale Mangusta last time I drove by.

And, of course, Lamborghini Dallas has a Lamborghini Miura worth seeing.

22. TX907

TX907 Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2005
    Keller, TX
    Full Name:
    Garrick
    The Ford RS200 rally car?

23. Brangeta

Brangeta Formula 3

Jan 31, 2005
    Dallas, TX
  24. TX907

TX907 Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2005
    Keller, TX
    Full Name:
    Garrick
    I'd rather have the RS200. :D

Thats kinda like a crazy Ford equivalent of one of my other favorite cars, the Lancia Stratos. I love those over-the-top rally cars.