DFW - Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 110 | FerrariChat

DFW Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by DallasGuy, Nov 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. justhrowit

justhrowit Formula 3

Feb 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Jay D.
    In uptown last night...

Parked in front of Bakers Bros around 9:30 was the nicest F430 I've ever put my eyes on. Dark Grey (Grigio "something") with black wheels! Simply stunning!

Also spotted a red 360 spider with shields at McKinney and Pearl, turning west on Pearl at 11:30.

J

2. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    We've got a new Gallardo Spyder, blk/blk, in Ft. Worth. The owner wanted something to go well with his Ducati Monster, since its other garage mates are more "businesslike".

3. 512dreamer

512dreamer Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I've spotted a silver Mangusta cruising Greenville lately, around Granada. Never heard one before. Ugly as sin, but sounds like hell unleashed. Also heard that the Qvale company owner's son lives near SMU. He drives a Tahoe, of all things...

4. justhrowit

justhrowit Formula 3

Feb 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Jay D.
    I forgot about this one:

Spotted a White GT3 on 35 southbound at the Zang Curve. This was this past Saturday morning at 6:30 a.m.

J

5. 512dreamer

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I think the guy works out at my gym in uptown. Was it a Targa?

6. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    GT3s don't come in targa

7. Sloo_Dc2

Sloo_Dc2 Rookie

Dec 6, 2006
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Maroon (Don't know actual color) 575 6spd with shields and tubi at 7-11 in Mckinney off of eldarado and hardon. Guy was real nice, let me sit in it and stuff.

8. 512dreamer

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I stand corrected. I'm not a Porche guy. Besides, I spoke to the owner of what I thought may have been the GT3, it's an S4 cabriolet. Beautiful though...

9. 512dreamer

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Once again, had more than enough Bentley's cross my path in Uptown. A silver Conti GT on Blackburn with a gouge in the driver's door, a black continental, another black continental (same one?), and an Arnage I believe. Plus, a Maseratti, on McKinney...

10. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    I followed a nice white GT40 replica on 110 in Lindale yesterday. It had a F-O-R-D logo on the left side of the tail, and "Quad 4" logo on the right.

I wonder if it was a kit or a series of replicas built by a specialty shop ie: Superformance, Mark IV, etc.

I tried to snap a pic with my phone, but it didn't turn out. Only seen it once before, also around Lindale.

11. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    I've experienced this as well lately, but in TYLER!!!

12. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    #2737 DIGMAN52, Sep 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have always liked the De Tomaso Mangusta, especially the gullwing engine hatches. To each his own.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. FriscoRays

FriscoRays Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2005
    I think he might have been referring to the Mangusta QVale: http://www.qvaleauto.com. There is a blue one in my parking garage. I have mixed feelings on the looks. I think the back end doesn't look too bad with the top down but don't like the front.

14. 512dreamer

May 1, 2007
    Collin Co.
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Who are these people in East Texas? Only time I've seen anything out there was in Palestine a few years back, had a 360 Modena and a Diablo pass through. Must be some good money out there now.

15. bcc

bcc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 31, 2006
    DFW Texas
    Full Name:
    Brent
    I think I spotted your garage's Navy Blue Qvale Mangusta last night. Two females fueling up at the Exxon on the corner of Greenville and Mockingbird. With the top down, it looks pretty good. However when the top is up or it's the targa/folding roof version, the roofline looks clumsy. I much prefer the original DeTomaso Mangusta like Digman!

16. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Silver GTC yesterday evening, crossing Garden Acres bridge to head south on I-35. Great evening for a convertible, and he had the top off. First I've seen in the wild, interesting. Got a crappy cameraphone pic, not zoomed, so not worth showing.

Sure scooted away down the access road quickly.

17. FriscoRays

FriscoRays Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2005
    That is the one. Owner is a female and the garage isn't too far from Mockingbird and Inwood. For the money, it is not the car I would pick but I admire that she went for something outside of the box.

18. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Yes,

There seems to have been quite an influx of new $$$ into the Tyler/East Texas economy in the recent years, or people are finally willing to "show-off" a little more. There are more than enough million+ dollar houses here in Tyler, so it only figures some of these people are into cars, too.

I remember my first experience with a Ferrari in Tyler, about 16 years ago, when I was blown away by a black 308 around the rose garden-what a sight that was!!

Looked like hell and sounded like heaven.

19. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yellow 360 Modena on the service road of I-35E & Mayhill Drive over by the Denton Regional Hospital around 11:45 AM

20. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    My neighbor has a 599, so I get to see that every day now.

Just saw my first M4 Coupe. Looks nice.

21. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Orange Lamborghini Gallardo going south on Loop 12 just before the Spur 408 split. It stood out like a sore thumb against the other cars in traffic.

22. greg

greg Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2004
    Tyler, Tx
    The averabe income in Tyler has got to be astronomical, except mine. It is hard to believe the million dollar homes in a town of 100,000, not to mention all the six figure cars. We just need to see more of the Italian Exotics.

23. 505T

505T Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Heading south from Mockingbird, today. I think he noticed my attention and decided to give me a front seat performance....for which I was grateful. The sound! Thanks man.

24. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Yeah, I agree.

For years, folks around here have been sporting turbo p-bugs, AMG benz's and 7 series bimmers. I am actually surprised that there are (or seem to be) so few "real" exotics in the area.

My sis-in-law (in Dallas) for example has an Austin Healy 3000, 2 p-cars, a late 928 5-spd and a TT 993 + a new viper with RacingSolutions engine and custom paint. They could afford any Ferrari they wanted, but choose not to for no apparent reason.

I'll be the first Italian car owner in our family, for sure.

25. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    Ford GTXI with race decals and a follow car in decals headed North on Stemmons Freeway by Motor Street at 12.30 today are they all GTXIs or is that a new model?