2011 612 Scaglietti | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2011 612 Scaglietti

Discussion in '612/599' started by Scuderia_Ferrari, Jul 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It'll be a 'save-your-ass-when-the-computers-think-you-can't-do-it-anymore' Nissan GTR like 4wd system then I assume.

Personally I prefer balls out RWD over 4wd any day of the week...but then again, There's a 599 GTx for that and the 458.

It would be nice if Ferrari would make it an option...but I highly doubt that.

2. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    You can always count on Ferrari to deliver a Ferrari!!! What I am trying to say is, they dont dissapoint. Each time a new model is launched it has managed to lead the way and is the aspiration for others. I am positive that the replacement will be nothing short of spectacular.

I am considering cancelling my GTO order and get the 612 replacement. I have heard so much about what the car is expected to be and deliver..cant wait!

MJ

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeah but what about price? an 09 612 OTO came in at 360Kish. is hte new car going to be 400K+? thats f40 land!!

4. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    New 612 to be slightly less than base price of a 599 GTB.

5. pk328

pk328 Karting

Oct 16, 2003
    Nottingham, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Interesting. Great info you are posting!

Will it still be a full 4-seater or will it revert to being a 2+2?

Do you know when it is due to be revealed/launched?

Regards

Paul

6. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Paul,

it will be similar to the current 612 in terms of seating....enough for a medium/full sized adult to sit in the back with decent headroom. The car is ready from what I have heard, and will surprise many once its revealed this sept. It will be revealed first to the dealers then will be launched at the autoshow.

MJ

7. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Paris? Frankfurt?

Gr. Martin

8. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    I think Frankfurt...which show is late sept?

9. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I guess it's Paris (2/17 October). Frankfurt is every two years.

Gr. Martin

10. pk328

pk328 Karting

Oct 16, 2003
    Nottingham, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This year it is Paris.

What will the new car be called? I reckon it's time the 'Lusso' name was revived

11. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    We've had Modena, Scaglietti, Fiorano, California, Italia, GTO, so go figure. They'll probably bring out the old book and pick a name ;)

Lusso doesn't sound too bad for that matter...

Gr. Martin

12. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Four wheel drive makes no sense to me at all, more weight and more complexity, for what, for maybe at most 2 dozen people who would ever drive their Ferrari in the snow? Sure it may aid acceleration but at what cost to weight and handling.

However, this may be an attempt by Ferrari to take the 2+2 model into its own niche market. I beleive this is a concerted start of a more defined product range, this in my opinion sets the tone that the 599 replacement will even more of a supercar GT.

13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    so its going to be cheaper than the current 612 OTO?

14. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    yes cheaper than a 612 OTO.

On the comments of the 4wd......what ever ferrari come up with....they have never compromised. SO trust what they are doing...I have every confidence they will release a worthy replacement....they know their market...and always deliver.

MJ

15. sTyleR

sTyleR Formula 3

Jan 18, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    I'm presuming such a system would be the first of it's kind, correct? The idea of not having a set torque split sounds ingenious. I can't wait to hear more!

How exactly does the AWD system work in the GTR? Am I right in thinking that it has a fixed torque split between the front and rear, or is it more like the system described above?

16. FerrariMC

FerrariMC Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2006
    Allentown, PA Area
    Full Name:
    Mark C
    #41 FerrariMC, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. mazza

mazza Rookie

Sep 14, 2006
    I have been told the new scaglietti pictures will surface next week. And been told they are "spectacular " some one out there in Ferrari chat has the pics!!! Please post a.s.a.p.!!

18. Stefan_009

Stefan_009 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston area, MA
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    This is exciting stuff, Ferrari is on fire lately

19. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    the 4 wheel drive system will automatically disengage itself at 140kph. it will be in the form of a shooting brake, ie a hatchback.

20. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Can't wait! Pictures were to appear this week weren't they?

Gr. Martin

21. Stefan_009

Stefan_009 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2008
    Boston area, MA
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    Wow it sounds AMAZING, i also believe that is it

22. mazza

mazza Rookie

Sep 14, 2006
    been told new 612 scaglietti will be on show for the first time in geneva moter show next year. ferrari are not releasing pictures as yet, been told end of year, been told its a bigger car wider longer more head room more powerful 4 wheel drive and its a hatch......better fuel comsupion then current scaglietti...and also not much price different...if not a little cheaper. but best of all it,s going to be a fabalous motor car......will keep you inform......

23. Scuderia-F1

Scuderia-F1 Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Anders
    I´m SOO looking forward to see this one!

24. arhimede

arhimede Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    About the 4wd...there were rumors about front wheels being driven exclusively by electric engine. That makes sense considering 4wd form will only me used very little, and also hybrid cars use electric engine very little time.

Furthermore about next 612 there were rumors about a hybrid power. So it all makes sense.

>>Ferrari has been working on an electrically driven 4x4 system for its future models, senior company sources have confirmed.
    The various alternatives for the hybrid system were first revealed on the Autocar website earlier this year but Ferrari says the final hybrid design will be used for front engined GT models and will drive the front wheels.
    However, the source says that the first models equipped with the system will not appear before 2014. The aim of the 4x4 system – which will use motors mounted inboard of the front wheels – will be to improve handling rather than improve fuel economy.
    Insiders say that using torquey electric motors to power the front wheels will offer significant improvements in acceleration and much improved cornering prowess, because the torque delivery to each front wheel can be carefully controlled.<< Autocar