NEW V10 Lambo launching next year??? | FerrariChat

NEW V10 Lambo launching next year???

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by ferrariKP, Mar 13, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Rumor that the brandnew car is probably coming in 2012. Its already time up for the 8-year-old Gallardo, right after last two models; 550-2 and 560-4 Tri-Color just unleashed recently.

Anyone know the info, please share! Cheers...:)

2. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    lambo models are on a 10 yr cycle. we won't get a new gallardo for another 2 yrs.

3. ferrarifan83

ferrarifan83 Rookie

Feb 25, 2010
    Columbia SC
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I have heard the exact same thing. From what I understand the gallardo successor is in development as we speak and may be unveiled next year possibly at Geneva. Also the new gallardo will have a 7 speed dual clutch transmission. I don't know if this information is true or not but this just what i have heard.

4. VF1Skullangel

VF1Skullangel Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2008
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    With the new Avendator I could see a replacement for the Gallardo to compete with the F458 and Mclaren.

5. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    After the all round yumminess of the Aventador this is a mouth watering prospect.

6. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    2014 will unveil the mighty " URUS " Lambo's 800 HP supercar to celebrate 50th Anniversary

7. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Peter.Lazzari

Peter.Lazzari Karting

Jan 2, 2008
    Lago Maggiore, Italy
    Full Name:
    Peter Lazzari
    As Lambo's 50th anniversary is in ( May ? ) 2013 ( 2 years time ) I would expect new car at Geneva, March 2013

9. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    I want to see the Cala that Audi ditched, that was a gorgeous car!

Chris

10. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    After translating several of Nostradamus' quatrains, consulting the Mayan Calendar and a series of visions forced into my mind by The Great Old One, Cthulhu, I have predictions for The Aventador Era Of Lamborghini...

The Overall Line:

2011 sees the LP700-4 Aventador hitting the streets and the LP550-2 Spyder.

2012 sees the LP700-4 Roadster and the Sesto Elemento.

2013 sees the Gallardo replacement.

2014 sees the Estoque/4-door sedan and the Gallardo replacement Spyder.

2015 sees the LP700 Super Veloce, and an Estoque convertible concept.

2016 sees the LP700 coupe and Roadster Facelift.

2017 sees the Estoque Convertible and the Gallardo replacement Superleggera.

2018 sees the Gallardo replacement facelift.

2019 sees the LP700 Jota.

2020 sees the Estoque Sedan/Convertible facelift and an Estoque Coupe concept.

2021 sees the LP700 replacement and the Estoque Coupe.

Aventador:

After establishing the line with the coupe, the company debuts the roadster a year later. The roadster features a carbon fiber, multi-piece top that mounts to hidden hardpoints on the chassis and stores flatpack-style in the boot.

2 years later they add the Aventador SV, which loses 150kg over the standard car, through the usual carbon interior and general lightening, and gains 50hp and a big carbon fiber wing. The SV will be a 2015 model-year only run, limited to 350 cars.

In 2016 the Aventador coupe and roadster get a facelift and the SV engine upgrades to become the LP750-4. The styling tightens up the rear end with a new diffuser, full-width mesh grill and redesigned tail lights. The front end gets wider grill openings, and new contour to the nose.

The final encore of the Aventador debuts in 2019 with the LP850-4 Jota. Utilizing cast carbon-silicate materials for the gearbox cases, differential housings and some carbon fiber suspension pieces, the Jota weighs 250kg lighter than the standard car, and 100kg lighter than the SV, while putting out a full 100hp more than the facelifted standard car. The Jota will be a 2019 Model-Year only limited run of 50 cars and the final Aventador.

Cabrera - Gallardo Replacement:

Like the Gallardo, the replacement is named after one of the foundational bloodlines of Spanish fighting bulls; Cabrera. Initially debuting in 2013 as a 570hp V10 coupe, the Cabrera Spyder joins the line a year later. Built on a multi-sectional, bonded carbon monocoque (cheaper to produce than the one-piece Aventador monocoque), the Cabrera is slightly larger than the Gallardo, but is also slightly lighter, improving incrementally on the performance of the Gallardo 570 Superleggera.

The Spyder keeps the configuration of the Gallardo Spyder, with its powered folding fabric top.

2017 brings us to the Cabrera Superleggera, a one model-year only run of 250 units. A 150kg weight loss is achieved through a carbon interior and a general diet regimen. Power is increased to 595hp.

In its sixth model-year of production, the Cabrera receives its facelift, making it ready for the second half of its production life, ending somewhere around 2024.

Estoque:

Lamborghini's first 4 door sedan debuts in 2014, powered by the same next-gen V10 as the Cabrera. Offering great performance, unassailable luxury and an exclusive cache unrivaled by any other saloon car, the Estoque shakes up the high-end luxury sedan segment.

In 2015, the company reveals a 2 door, 4 seat convertible concept version of the Estoque, to rave reviews. The convertible goes into production the following year, as a 2017 model.

The Estoque receives the now traditional "5-year facelift" in 2020. Simultaneously Lamborghini floats a shortened Estoque, 2 door/2+2 coupe concept car, aimed directly at the luxo-sport coupes from England and Germany. The coupe arrives in dealer showrooms for 2021.

Final Thoughts:

The above does not include the inevitable Hybrid/Alternate Fuel/Alternate Powerplant concept cars and production car variants. A hybrid/alt version of the Estoque is likely, as well as a kinetic-energy recycling Cabrera. The flagship Aventador is possibly the final, pure gasoline only Lamborghini.

These predictions only cover the major bodystyle/engine output variations of the model range, and do not include "Paint&Stripe" special editions, like the Murcielago Versace, Gallardo SE, Bicolore, Tricolore, Nera, etc, etc...

I'm sure we can expect a handful of these "special" cars in each model line, over the next decade.

11. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    LOL :D

12. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I really like yor prophecies
    specially the name for the entry level replacement ; CABRERA makes a lot of sense ;)

but you forgot the 50th Anniversary limited edtion car in 2014

Urus is already a registered trademark by Lambo
    and it's a giant bull , the greatest ever

13. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    The Cabrera will be the 50th Anniversary car, given 50th Anniversary badging and offered in special 50th paint colors. It debuts in 2013, celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the company's founding and first show car in 1963.

Yes, the Stygian Witches mentioned something about that... remember the LM002?

14. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    Interesting writeup ApexOversteer, it wouldn't surprise me if you are almost spot on with your prediction.

15. Kevin2772

Kevin2772 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #15 Kevin2772, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
    SV's are usually for the end of the model line. So why they would put it out in the middle of the aventador model range would be out of character. And then to make a Jota as the "final top end edition" would again be completely out of character. The Urus concept is an interesting thought, and one i absolutely would put no money on happening as a top of the line super car. Lambo will have to do something to have 3 lines running at one time. And the 4 door is probably the best bet for their 3rd line. Something they can "mass" produce and actually make a good amount of money on (like the gallardo did for lambo 10 years ago when it came out.) And 800hp? considering the current Aventador is going to have 700, that would put this "Urus" not that far ahead of the LP700 SV and if what you say is true, and I really doubt it, even less ahead of the "Jota." Maybe as an SUV based on an Audi, but definitely not a Hyper car. The only thing I think really holds true is the Gallardo replacement in 2 years. It definitely wont be out next year. Again, this is just my guess. But Lambo isnt exactly rolling in money right now. Especially for the development of not 1, or 2, but 3 new cars in the next 4 or 5 years? Give me a break. They will break into the 4 door market with the estoque and hopefully grow sales with the gallardo replacement. The rest of that is pure speculation. 3 cars means that they will only have to release a "special edition" of each model once every 3 years and hopefully will stop watering down their model lineup with all these rediculous SE models that are nothing more then a paint job.

just my $.02

16. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Out of three times SV versions have been released, the first time was the end of a model run (Miura), the second time was middle of the model run (Diablo) and the third was the end of the model run (Murcielago). So I don't see the SV coming out for the end of the first half of the Aventador run being that strange, especially when they put a "Reventon-esque" hyper version of the car as the true swan song of the model.

I don't believe the Urus-as-a-hypercar theory either. I see the Urus being the SUV, built on the Porsche Cayanne platform, with Lamborghini styling and the Cabrera V10.

The Cabrera itself will be using the VAG/Porsche engineered "sports car" platform. The platform will be engineered to allow Porsche, Audi and Lamborghini to use the same suspension parts and some driveline bits, while allowing them to bolt these shared parts up to a specialized central tub. This will create the cost savings VAG is looking for, while still leaving room for the products from the three sports car divisions to maintain unique styling compared to each other.

The reason I didn't add the SUV to my predictions is because I'm not sure we'll actually see that. The Estoque, on the other hand, keeps coming out of Winkletit's mouth, which tells me he's been getting the feel of what people think of such an idea.

Once they have the 4 door out there, it won't take much to grow the Estoque into a three model line, Coupe, Convertible, Saloon. It will be the car that Lamborghini can use to showcase "futurism" in terms of fuels, alternate power and such, without diluting the traditional supercar offerings until such technologies are ready for inclusion in the flagship (V12) and the sales leader (V10).

17. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Wasn't for the Diablo. The 6.0 came after the SV.

18. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    How about that they might build the Urus at the Porsche factory? Or the Estoque at VW Phaeton factory?

19. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    +1

That Cala could stay cool w 458 and mp4-12c IMO ;)

20. mclarenferrari

mclarenferrari Karting

Jul 13, 2010
    If they do introduce a new V10 next year, I hope they don't wait 10 more years to introduce its successor. Think about how many special edition Gallardos that exist. Constantly fine-tuning the engine (from the original 520 to 550 to 560 to 570) is fine, but to pass them off as new models is slightly disingenuous.

Imagine if Ferrari had kept the 360 until now, and was going to announce its replacement next year...

21. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    I'm glad someone else knows what I'm talking about and feels the same way! :)

The other thing too is how they take stuff away from the cars (saving weight) and jack up the price for performance that you'll likely notice on paper more than in person. I also think it's ridiculous how they'll call it an LP560 when it has 551 hp.

Chris

22. mclarenferrari

mclarenferrari Karting

Jul 13, 2010
    #22 mclarenferrari, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    I'm not 100% sure, but the 560 HP vs 551 HP depends on whether the horsepower is measured at the flywheel or the tires. It's either that, or the Italians measure HP differently than us. But you're quite right, they have done that for most of their recent models -- LP 670 is 661 HP, LP 700 is 691 HP, etc. Maybe someone more informed than me can chime in?

I also agree with you regarding the adding power / removing weight thing. What I don't like is a relatively old chassis and design trying to compete with Ferrari's latest by stripping weight and adding power. Take the Gallardo when it initially came out: it really was a competitive force against the Ferrari 360. But then Ferrari responded with the 430, which pretty much silenced Lambo until they raised the HP and released the LP-560. Now that the 458 is out, Lambo responds by...raising the HP to 570 and removing weight! I really think they need a new chassis more than ever.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Gallardo. But it is getting a little long in the tooth. And new special editions DO NOT make a new chassis!

23. HREU

HREU Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Florida and Turin
    Full Name:
    Ed Colburn
    fact is, given the current performance of the LP570 and the like...you really can't get much faster or better. Considering the LP570 has been test at 3.0 to 60 (I know, a stupid test..) by R&T how can they really make it much faster. Even if they did...who cares. You can't use the thing on the streets now.

For ANY high end maker to 'get their game on' it will have to be in styling or other high tech doo-dads. Will cars be faster than they are now? Maybe but, I could care less. They are way too fast (for the road) now as-is. Sure, its cool to have a car made of CF. I absolutely love the advancement of technology. I get 'the next best thing'. But, I could care less...as long as it looks and feels amazing.

I have never looked at a Gallardo and though it looked dated. Ever. I think its a classic car design and always will be. F430s are ugly (IMO). The current LP570 is the best of breed and will be forever.

Yes, the new LP700 looks amazing. I am sure the technology is mind bending Etc. But, is it really that much better than a Murci SV? No. If I have a LP670 I wouldn't be losing sleep.

Extreme performance cars are at their peak. That is why Lambo has stated they are no longer playing the top speed etc wars.

We are in a new age.

24. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Absolutely. Back in the early 90's, 200 mph was enormous. Now it's pretty standard among supercars.

If I were to buy one of those cars, the numbers and figures on paper are pretty irrelevant. It's about how fun the car is, and looks are definitely important too. Sure, the LP670 is more powerful than the standard Gallardo, but would I have that much more fun with the LP670? I have my doubts.

Chris

25. HREU

HREU Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Florida and Turin
    Full Name:
    Ed Colburn
    that is what I was trying to say....at this level...where the cars performance is more or less useless on the street...its all about emotion. Thats it. How does the car make you feel.

Honestly, does a friggen 7 speed trans that shifts slightly faster, all CF chassis etc really make ANY difference vs the current LP570/ 560. No way.

Its safe to assume that whatever replaces the G will look like...well...the current G. It will be an evolution. As it should be. The current car is gorgeous. The new LP700 doesn't make the LP670 look old or out dated....just...different.

Its all good. No bad. Those of us with these cars are lucky swine no matter how you look at it.