NEW V10 Lambo launching next year??? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NEW V10 Lambo launching next year???

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by ferrariKP, Mar 13, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    the 360 Modena lasted 10 years in production .... with several versions and displacement enlargments and facelifts ...

just like the Gallardo which was launched in 2004 will be in 2014

2. Kevin2772

Kevin2772 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Its two different measures of HP. You can read more about it in the SAE section of wikipedias horsepower page. The veyron is 981 in US rating but 1001 in the Euro rating.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower

3. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    agree that if advancements don't make the car any more exciting to drive, or continue to 'look good', or safer even, then it's pointless. regarding LP670 vs 700 however, you should reserve judgement until driven. the journo's who have driven the new car, well, the pre production cars, say it is a massive improvement...in stability and agility. a much stiffer chassis allowing a much better suspension to do its thing. and yes, the new car is stupid fast.

4. mclarenferrari

mclarenferrari Karting

Jul 13, 2010
    I'm not following you. The 360 was in production from 1999 to 2004. During this time they released the variations, including the Spider, Challenge Stradale, etc. Unless you're calling the F430 a 360 facelift, which I certainly don't think it is.

I see, thanks for the clarification :)

5. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    430 is 360 facelift. Factory workers name for 430 is actually 360 evo. Pretty big facelift but common bonnet, doors, roof, floor plan. CCM brakes and F1 from CS went into 430.

6. VF1Skullangel

VF1Skullangel Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2008
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #31 VF1Skullangel, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    And the Countach.

Like that really matters?

You put that car on a dyno and I bet non of those numbers will even show up.

7. vaholtorf

vaholtorf Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Victor Holtorf

That is correct, and common in this day and age. In fact the 458 is based on the 430 under the skin. They started with the same chassis, and drivetrain and tweaked all that and put a new body on top. So, 458 is a direct relative to the 360 and shares much with some evolution.

8. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Thank you for posting that! I was criticizing the code names for the Lambos, but now I realize why they did that.

That's still not nearly as many versions as the Gallardo.

Chris

9. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    You have a strange definition of 'facelift'.

10. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    You are wrong, 458 has no common chassis and drivetrain with 360/430.

458 is the first of the next generation which will in 4/5 years become 458 evo and per 360 and 360 evo (430).

11. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    What would you call a car sharing same floorplan, bonnet, doors, roof? Not a blank paper design as per 458.

Factory internal designation is 360 evo which says it all! Spider roof is the same roof between 360 and 430.

12. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Tell that to Porsche!

13. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    did you count Stradale , Scuderia , Spider and 16M and other versions versions already ?

14. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    True, it seems that the competition is doing that after all.

Chris

15. mclarenferrari

mclarenferrari Karting

Jul 13, 2010
  16. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Yup. Someone from Teamsp**d cut and pasted my post over to that forum, editing out the first paragraph. Without the first paragraph, the context is lost...

I think it's pretty funny that my for-fun speculation has gone this far...

If anyone here is a member of Teamsp**d, could you go in there and set the record straight? The guy over there credits me, but the message isn't getting through.

17. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Tricolore launching at local dealer here:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otED3lJvQHM&feature=related[/ame]

Outdoor pictures: http://th.responsejp.com/article/img/2011/08/06/160615/119941.html

Quotes from media world:

Lamborghini Gallardo Tricolore, presented in Turin, is the latest version to celebrate the 150th Italy anniversary by the Lamborghini’s most successful model, the Gallardo. The supercar stands by a tricolor strip across the body and the dr...iver’s seat, with the same color scheme already seen on the Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni. “With the Lamborghini Gallardo Tricolore we give further impetus to the Made in Italy in the world, ” said Stephan Winkelmann, President and CEO of Lamborghini Automobili.

The Power is 550 hp, torque 55 kgm and the only rear-wheel drive saves 120 kg (1,380 kg total) than the LP 560-4 with AWD.
    On the 0-100 km/h this Gallardo takes 3″ 9 and top speed is 320 km/h.

Lamborghini untill now did not release further technical details and neither the number of cars in which the Tricolore will be produced. :)

Light-footed yet extremely safe
    Thanks to the eminently powerful V10 driveline, controlled oversteer is no problem – naturally always to the extent defined by the driver - because refined road manners and perfectly tuned assistance systems mean that the Gallardo LP 550-2 Tricolore is an exceptionally safe sports car to drive :p

Powerful elegance in its distinctive design
    The Gallardo LP 550-2 Tricolore is not only unique in terms of its technology: its design and equipment reinforce its exclusivity. and emphasises the unique Lamborghini design DNA ;)

Other than the green, white and red stripe, the Gallardo Tricolore also sports carbon-fiber mirror caps and a white paint. “To celebrate the 150 years of Italian unity we felt that it was appropriate to propose a tri-colo...r livery for our most succesful model, the Lamborghini Gallardo," said the company's CEO, Stephan Winkelmann. “With the Lamborghini Gallardo Tricolore we give a further impulse to the development of the 'Made in Italy' label in the world."

The car will be officially introduced on March 16 in Turin, at an exhibition dedicated to the Italian state anniversary. For the time being, Lamborghini offered no technical details of the special edition model and has yet to announce the number of cars it plans to build, though our bet would go to 150." :D