independent ferrari shops in tampa? | FerrariChat

independent ferrari shops in tampa?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by porscheracer01, Nov 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. porscheracer01

porscheracer01 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2008
    Parkslope
    Full Name:
    DD
    anyone can recommend a independent ferrari repair shop in tampa or nearby?

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    I may recommend Massimo Mondino of The Auto
    Legend in Oldsmar.

The Auto Legend
    400 Douglas Road
    Oldsmar, Fl. 34677
    T: 813-814-4200
    http://www.theautolegend.com

BHW

3. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    Mossimo Mondino at the Auto Legend is very good and experienced with the marque. He is a Paul Russell alum and has worked on both my BBi and 250 PF GT with good results. I have not brought a modern car to him, but I have seen several 360's at his shop.

Forza,
    David

4. porscheracer01

porscheracer01 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2008
    Parkslope
    Full Name:
    DD
    4k for a 30k service plus it takes 3 weeks to finish the job.

5. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    I trust the people over at Ferrari Tampa Bay 100%. 'Not to say others cannot do a good job but there are a lot of horror stories.

aehaas

6. monte patterson

monte patterson Karting

Feb 26, 2009
    maitland florida
    Full Name:
    LAMBOGUY
    try Speedworks Ferrari Racing Services in Osteen. They know what they are doing and they give you, your monies worth. I highly recommend them. The phone number is 407-688-1120. They really are pros

7. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Mossimo is still in business. His shop is always full so sometimes a service might take a little longer but i highly doubt anyone is doing the job Better and i would be shocked if FOTB could do any job cheaper.

8. Kevin G

Kevin G Rookie

Jan 13, 2011
    Hi, this is Kevin From The Auto Legend. We are still in business and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. We apologize for the web page being down temporarily. You can still reach us at Phone# (813)-814-4200 or Fax# (813)-814-4210. Thank you.

9. lgrf50

lgrf50 Formula 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Luciano auto tech.(Luciano Sansogni)
    Sarasota,

10. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Enjoyed this post as we hopefully will be moving back to the Tampa Bay area as soon as our house sells here in Co. Have met some of the fokes at Tampa Ferrari, but not any of the independants as yet.
    Docf

11. Madmark

Madmark Rookie

Sep 16, 2010
    Massimo ran back to Italy... left my car to Kevin Gonzalez (KEVIN_G) without my permission... Kevin destroyed my heads on my 355 F1 trying to do a 30K service... Kevin and his dad Dennis Gonzalez (apparently bought The Auto Legend from Massimo) agreed to have my car repair at Ferrari of Tampa and pay for Kevin's mistake... when car was finished, Kevin and Dennis Gonzalez of The Auto Legend told Ferrari they have no business with them, and told Ferrari to tell me that I will have to sue them... they cost me over $13,000 in repairs... and as of today they still will not pay for their negligent work to my car.

Better Business Bureau has my complaint and agrees with me that Kevin and Dennis are not settling this issue.... BAD BUSINESS from The Auto Legend!

12. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    Wow sorry to hear that. I was looking for an independant around Tampa-- thank you for the heads up. Again sorry to hear about your misfortune. Stories like that make me inclined to stick with FoTB.

13. brm

brm Karting

Apr 26, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Bruce R. Morehead
    Frank Maderi in Largo has maintained my 348tb for several years. He has experience on all models of Ferrari and the test equipment for the latest models. Contact him through his web site: http://www.forzamotorcars.com/ . He will treat you right.