Anyone Here Work In The Gaming Business? | FerrariChat

Anyone Here Work In The Gaming Business?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by REMIX, Jan 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Just curious.

2. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I dont, but I have lots of friends in the biz...some very high up. PM me if there is a specific question you have. I can pass it along.

3. Subarubrat

Subarubrat Formula 3

Apr 1, 2009
    VA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I own percentage of Game Gavel and I co-host the biggest retro video game podcast www.RetroGamingRoundup.com so I have connections with the bigger names in classic video games, and a few in modern. So if you interest is retro I can probably help, but modern I may not be of much use.

4. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    I wish that I did. It has to be a fun industry.

5. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I operated games for IGT in Montana. It is not a "fun" business. Dealing with drunk bar owners every day all day tires one.

6. vettesrule76

vettesrule76 Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    im currently taking classes for html/css website building. adobe flash(most games on facebook are made with this), c++, java. we make thing in microsoft xna (program used for making xbox games, windows phone games, pc games) i hope to continue doing this and build my own website or two.

7. REMIX

As some of you know, I am a musician. On the advice of some friends - many of them avid gamers, I made a demo reel with some of my music. I was kind of resistant to the idea thinking "oh jeez games? Really?" but in the end found it a lot of fun, especially writing soundbeds. Never thought about the gaming angle or that I would enjoy this kind of thing...but I do! :)

My stuff is on the edgier tip and would be better suited for racing or maybe fast paced FPS, or even darker games. No Angry Birds here. I've been at this for a while now and I think the stuff I produce is as good as any at this point. I'd like to network with a few people here to get my demo in front of audio director or two or people who can help me get a foot in the door to work on these projects. I know of a few guys doing this kind of work and it seems to be a pretty cool career. I have a lot of composition experience and am used to working on deadline and putting out a quality product. Like I said, I never thought of my own music from that perspective but it kind of makes sense I guess.

Here's my reel in case any one wants to check it out. Any advice would be helpful. :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAnU2bOYIXg[/ame]

8. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Where did you get the video? And do you have a sync license to use it? You can't put your copyright on the video without that. Even then, you have to share it. I'm not a gamer, but the music was great!

9. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
  10. REMIX

Thanks!

YouTube. No. Copyright is for the music not the video, that is noted in the description if you actually click on the link and go directly to YT. BTW, YT matched the content (which is very cool) and they will pull it if the video creators have any objections. Typically they do not because people rescore things all the time and upload them. :)

From what I understand, this is basically how it's done by newbs to the business. No one's going to give you a trailer to score if they don't know you. If I knew people I'd completely bypass this step! LOL.

11. REMIX

Thanks man!