2ND Annual Castaway Critters Car Show | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2ND Annual Castaway Critters Car Show

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by tclark, Jan 11, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mtmd11

mtmd11 Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    York, PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin W.
    #26 mtmd11, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
    My car arrived a few weeks after this event last year, so I'm looking forward to making it this year.

2. Jazzman

Jazzman Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Hi Tom

I am really looking forward to bringing my F430 to this year's show. The range of cars last year was amazing. I received a newsletter from our local animal shelter recently and they are overflowing with cats and dogs that need homes. The problem is epidemic. I think it is amazing that Castaway Critters has found homes for over 7,500 critters in the last 10 years. I know that Castaway does an incredible job in keeping their overhead low so that maximum donations go the benefit of the animals. Count me in for any help you need.

3. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    You sir are a true gentleman, and a good friend. Thankyou!

4. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #29 jgoodman, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. NissanGuy23

NissanGuy23 Karting

Jan 14, 2011
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew McQuaide
    ^^Hey i know that dog! I held him for you at the Greenville town center meet! What a nice dog.

6. JROD9496

JROD9496 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Jared
    I really enjoyed last year's show and I'm looking forward to this years. I have one question, is there a list of the cars registered so far like there was last year? I found that to be very helpful on knowing what cars to expect. Thank you.

-Jared

7. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    Hey Jared,

We have not yet compiled the list, but I can assure you that there is some awesome machinery attending. I will put something together shortly. Remember guys, registration closes in 6 weeks. We have some great things planned for this year. There will even be a 2003 Jordan Formula 1 car there. See the pics on the website:http://coolcarsforcatsandcanines.com/

Algar, Harrisburg Fiat and Competizione are our sponsors thus far. You know that Algar is going to bring a few nice cars, and Harrisburg Fiat is trying to have the 500 Abarth at the show as well.

And to the many that have asked via email, yes there will be a few animals there. We will have a puppy playpen, as well as a few kittens and cats up in one of the tent areas.

Thank you to all who have registered so far. And to the rest, won't you please consider helping us out with this very charitable event?

8. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    Maggie is the most tolerant of your kids. I've seen her driving with you in the winter with the roof down while the others are too cold!

9. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Registered for Josh and I. Hopefully for me this is not a bad omen as last year I registered and my car was still at the unnamed mechanic after 5 friggin months.

Tom, Josh and I will bring our gear and hook you up with some great stuff to use for next years event.

Bob

Guys, I will be hooking up with Don (haven't told him yet) and we'll set up a dynamite drive to the event. Bring some detailer with you. Ha Ha

10. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    Now you have. :) It's not a good show without a couple of dusty red cars in the middle.

I'll start the Elan repair later this week - Monday at the latest.

11. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    Fantastic! Are you talking video or stills?

12. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    Soco ,who is a rescue Dane from a shelter, was out tonight at a nursing home helping their lives be more enjoyable would like to come to the show. Along with my 328 they would make perfect pair. He is a certified therapy dog and would make a wonderful addition to the car show showing what a little patience, good luck and sound dog training would produce. Soco also is involved with the Reads program which helps children gain confidence in reading since the dogs don't criticize the reader and allows increased practice in reading. He was also at the Shippensburg university for finals week allowing a bit of relaxation to the students during the stressful finals week. The link below shows Soco he is the first dog and only Dane shown

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1632662307?bctid=1317224679001

13. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    I do stills for a living and Josh is well on his way to video as a living. He shoots a bunch of stuff for our group. Did a great video on Jon's Boys and Girls Club Christmas party.

14. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
  15. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
  16. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    Way to go Joe. Look forward to seeing the Testarossa. Maybe you can convince the current owner of your Mondial to attend.

17. Jazzman

Jazzman Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Hey Tom, the Car Show website is terrific! I checked out the link to the Castaway Critters 10 year anniversary video. I hope everyone watches this video. These cute critters are all heartbreakers.

18. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    #43 jrinehart, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    Since I have not heard whether Soco, who is a rescue Great Dane, a registered therapy dog, helping children read and enriching lives of people in nursing homes along with being at the Farm Show complex for children is not allowed to come I will be coming alone and Carol will be not be coming. They are now committed to something else. Looking forward to seeing the group w/o Soco.

19. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark

PM sent

20. Supercars17112

Supercars17112 Karting

Jun 11, 2011
    Harrisburg. PA
    Full Name:
    Evan Ross
    Im gonna start a thread for a cruise from West Chester and can organize that...

As far as the Harrisburg area, if this pertains to anyone, my dad will be in the area still to lead a group, and will start a thread for that as well. There has been an interest in both cruises and so were going to move forward with planning them. Was thinking of having everyone meet at the Cars and Coffee Camp Hill location at Sophias on Market. Tom feel free to chime in if this is something that may work and with suggestions, we are up for anything really, just wanna get the thread up soon. Thinking an earlier start for the West Chester meetup, at their Cars and Coffee for departure and same way for Camp Hill just not as rushed for time since its a good amount closer to Hershey.

21. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Tom, I definitely plan to attend again. I'm trying to figure out a trailer so that I can bring the Ferrari CS and my 97 993 twin turbo. Such an amazing event for a great cause. Last year, despite the cold, it was awesome fun!

22. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    Evan, that would be perfect. Round up those West Chester guys and bring 'em over. The Sophia's meet up would also work for the local crowd. Some of the local guys will be helping out at the show, so they will probably be heading over a little earlier. Thanks for offering your efforts in organizing the caravans. We really do appreciate it. And thanks to your Father as well.

Joe, you stud! That would be awesome. We would be so pleased to have them both. The CS is of course one of my all time faorites. And I had a '96 993, so I know how special the 993 TT is.

And just a reminder to everybody, registration closes in less than 2 weeks. Please visit the show website to register. And please take a look at the sponosor page and support those who have so generously donated in order to make this event a reality.

http://www.coolcarsforcatsandcanines.com/

23. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Very much looking forward to this. It was so much fun last year.

24. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Tom, Looks like I am in Laguna Niguel California at a business conference that weekend. Sorry I would have loved to attend like last year. Have fun everyone. Jon in Delaware

25. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    I plan on attending as a spectator unless Joe lets me borrow the CS. Only kidding,
    For about 2 weeks I haven't been able to post my password was hosed up and wouldn't reset. Not that I post allot. Looks like they worked through the problem. I am hoping Ade will come too. Hope they brought some animals. Not that we need more.