Snow in March! | FerrariChat

Snow in March!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by toggie, Mar 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Weatherman is saying we're going to get 5" to 12" of snow on Tuesday night through Wednesday.
    Nobody likes a snow storm in the month of March.

Better run to the grocery store and buy up all the beer, bread, bottled water, and toilet paper! :)

And it means tons of more salt will be put on the roads.

2. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    My car is in the shop right now and i was going to pick it up this weekend. My guess is the car will remain in the shop as i won't be able to get to it! Of course, the weatherman was calling for a few inches a number of weeks back and, at least here in Alexandria, it didn't even rain.

3. clickclickboom

clickclickboom Karting

Dec 30, 2009
    PA
    Full Name:
    Terry
    I'm more depressed about the long range forecast. Accuweather doesnt have a 60 degree day in the 25 day forecast. I'm done with winter!!

4. skelly

skelly Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2011
    Don't worry. It'll be warm soon. The mean historical low temperature here in Pittsburgh is above freezing by St. Patrick's day.

That said, I'm looking forward to this evening's snow. It gives me one more chance to go out and play rally star.

5. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    My car is getting a major in NC right now so I am loving this. Makes me not feel so bad I can't drive it - although I was hoping to pull the Caddy out soon and that won't happen now either.

6. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    washed/claybarred/waxed the car only to put it away in the garage today... ah well :) It'll pay off in a week or two when I take it out

7. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'm one of the oddballs looking forward to it. My kids never got a chance to play in the snow this year. We've had squat. Just so happens I don't need to be anywhere tomorrow. But I do have a big aquarium to keep alive so praying we don't lose power, and I am out the door with the dawn patrol Thursday for a few back to back meetings downtown, so will have to shovel the driveway. All good stuff. My wife and I both love to shovel. If I could pick the time of year for this, I'd actually pick March. It'll be gone from anything but piles in a day, two most.

8. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris

You're going to let us all know when you bring that *sweet* Caddy to Cars & Coffee, right?

9. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Will do, but needs quite a bit of TLC before it makes its first appearance. In all honesty it looks better in pics than in real life. The paint is partly original and partly new. It's still really cool though -- I love it.

I will definitely bring it up.

MB

10. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    What a total let down today was. We wanted heavy snow and got mostly rain.

11. Scaryfast

Scaryfast Karting

Oct 6, 2011
    Collegeville, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    lets think about todays lack of snow as a positive, all the salt is being washed away :)

12. brianb351

brianb351 Rookie

Feb 10, 2013
    Amwaj, Bahrain
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Just rain here too. Loss of power for 12 hours or so. After Sandy, half a day without electricity is a cake walk.

13. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris

I think that's one of the joys of C&C -- there are enough 'car guys' who see the beauty in as-yet-unfinished projects that you'll certainly draw a crowd.

14. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    We got about 5 inches and made a six foot tall snowman.
    MB