La Ferrari arrives at Hong Kong | Page 2 | FerrariChat

La Ferrari arrives at Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Gary Lee, May 6, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Yes - the same thing happened in the UK where owners were told that despite being good customers, Ferrari wouldn't have a La Ferrari (lol) for them. Then later they have been offered slots in the production and in at least two cases have chosen to pass. One of these owners of an F40 and F50 went to Geneva and they wouldn't even allow him to sit in the car.

Typical Ferrari arrogance is spoiling the brand.

>8^)
    ER

2. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    It's called marketing the brand. Criticize Ferrari all you want, but this is something McLaren has failed spectacularly at. Maybe it would help them sell the remaining 125 or so P1's, and the remaining 2012 12c's....

3. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I find it funny how every defense of Ferrari when I am involved in the discussion involves/includes an attack on the McLaren brand. I have never suggested, nor would I claim, that McLaren have executed a perfect strategy in the road car business. This is a new endeavor for them striking out on their own and there are sure to be stumbles. I don't hold the blind faith for them that some of you think I do or that many seem to exhibit for Ferrari regardless of what they do.

Ferrari did no dealer tour with the Enzo and sold far more than they intended. Why spend the money on such activities if they've filled all the spots they need to with La Ferrari (lol)?

>8^)
    ER

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #29 TheMayor, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
    Once again the McLaren trolls invade Fchat.

What was a really nice update about a super car being on display has turned ugly from a few people with their own agenda.

McLaren put the P1 on display in China also. What's the matter? Can't they sell them?

http://www.carnewschina.com/2013/04/01/mclaren-p1-launched-in-china-priced-at-1-9-million-usd/

The McLaren P1 supercar has been launched on the Chinese car market, priced at a manic 12 million yuan or 1.9 million USD. The P1 debuted yesterday, on a private viewing in the great beach-city of Sanya in Hainan. The McLaren supercar will now go on tour to the cities Shanghai, Guangzhou, Beijing and Chengdu for similar events.

5. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    That's the thing - McLaren can't. Because McLaren are bringing the P1 around the world, desperately trying to sell the remaining 125+ cars, Peloton thinks the only reason Ferrari would bring LaFerrari to HK is because they're "struggling" to sell 499 of them.

6. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Did either of you have a point that I didn't already make?

>8^)
    ER

7. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    And why can't we attack McLaren? You seem to enjoy taking shots at Ferrari. Likewise many of us enjoy defending Ferrari. Much like you enjoy defending Lotus. Sorry, I mean McLaren.
    Kevin

8. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Erik is just bummed about the P1 so he assumes the same is true for the F70.
    ;):D

9. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Feel free to take issue with whatever you want - I was just pointing out the consistent response pattern when I raise an issue or make a controversial comment about something Ferrari-related - it's always the same tack. No one seems to be able to respond directly without dragging McLaren into it.

It's not offensive to me - I am not McLaren. I don't make their decisions nor do I have any control over their actions any more than you do.

>8^)
    ER

10. IcyJ

IcyJ Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2010
    Hong Kong
    wasn't expecting it to be as simple as just walking in and taking photos LOL

My pics: LaFerrari - a set on Flickr

11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Most beautifuls pics i have seen so far about the laferrari. Good photographer and natural light are so much better Than geneva pics !

12. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    great pix icyJ! much enjoy your work.

the events in hk were great fun. halo effect is immense. foc had a great event and membership is expanding. first f12 demo on the road. local dealer about to celebrate 30 year anniversary. lots of feel good factor.

I really don't get the negativity over what was an overwhelmingly positive pitstop for the car after the shanghai auto show

13. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    How many will go to HK?

You getting one?

Cheers!

14. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Hmmm.

Looks like we agree to disagree.

But lets agree to re-visit how the market treats each of these cars in say a year.

That would probably give some real information as opposed to all the bickering whether it be informed or uninformed, biased or unbiased, objective or subjective.

15. Sir Paul

Sir Paul Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2008
    HONG KONG
    #40 Sir Paul, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
    Talking to the showroom guys at the launch on friday it seems that there were aout 70 folks in HK who could "qualify" (apparently 5 Ferraris or more already, with more "points" for older collectables, towards some unwritten centralised Ferrari allocation procedure), although only about 20 cars would be allocated to "sufficiently qualified" HK buyers, or so they seemed to think.
    PAUL

16. Gary Lee

Gary Lee Rookie

Mar 21, 2012
    I tried to get one, but my salesman told me that I am not qualified since I own only one Ferrari so far.

Last month I walked into the McLaren showroom, the guy told me there are two P1s slot, and there is one still available.

17. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Hi Jim. Hope you are well and taking advantage of Spring weather to enjoy your amazing cars. Not clear on how many LaF will be allocated to HK. Guessing 15 to 25 but no hard info. Yes I am getting one

18. wang

wang Formula 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Brunei
    Full Name:
    H. Wang
    DM, let me be the first to congratulate you :)

19. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Congrats!! If you're ever my way please let me know!

Great weather this week I went for four drives so far.

20. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    20 is a lot for HK. I miss HK. I really enjoyed living there for a while when I was Directing Films.

21. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Have you seen one in person? They're pretty cool and really fast.

22. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I have always been a fan of your posts because of your collections diversity (love your aircooled RS 911 posts in particular) - just curious, what's your take on Pagani? Ever owned one or are you interested in getting one?

Thanks in advance.

23. scuderia513

scuderia513 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2008
    OH
    Full Name:
    TYI
    Is Ferrari making the LF RHD too?

24. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    thx for your kind words. pagani is an amazing car. quite a loyal following in hk. so far at least have not been too tempted. as you note my big interest as of late has been with air-cooled 911's. although i am quite excited that my water cooled 924 carrera gt is almost finished

25. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    no rhd. so the LaF cannot be registered or really used at all on the road in hk