Countrys best 328 Mechanic | FerrariChat

Countrys best 328 Mechanic

Discussion in '308/328' started by DDD, Dec 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    I have had the pleasure to work with Tim Stanford for the past two years and have visited his shop several times. During this time I have also worked with several excellent Ferrari mechanics and without a doubt, Tim and his brother Tom are a couple of the most knowledgeable and honest guys in the business. In addition to 328s and 308s they specialize on older model Ferraris such as Daytonas and Dinos. If you every need anything I would not hesitate to trust my car to them.

Tim Stanford Foreign Cars
    287 Sw 33rd St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
    (954) 764-7824

2. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    This sounds like an ad more than a community endorsement. Please confer with Rob Lay for sponsorship.

3. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    He doesn't work for Tim who is very well known in Florida. I wouldn't call it an ad, it's an endorsement.

4. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    Maybe a poll would disclose FC expectations for one having <30 posts and giving a "Best in USA" endorsement/advertisement.

5. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    The OP endorsed another mechanic in another thread as well. I've searched his post history and while he doesn't contribute often, he does post and his history suggests he's not shilling any particular business. As a Mod I am comforable this is not an ad. Poll away if you wish.

6. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  7. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Nice to see someone having positives about Ferrari Mechanics.

PDG

8. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
  9. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    Enough cannot be said about Tim and his brother Tom. The Ferrari community is very fortunate to have them.

10. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    Thank you for your note and understand who I am. I work at a Career and Technical High School and closely with the Auto Instructor, having studied auto mechanics my self in high school and growing up with a prominent Ferrari Mechanic I learned a lot. In recently becoming involved in the Ferrari world I have become fascinated about Ferrari mechanics, visiting several throughout the country, trying o figure out what differentiates them from others.

This has become a bit of an obsession of mine to which I am planning to write an article about what I have found out about Ferrari mechanics.. someday, hopefully soon. In my travels and in interviewing customers, FCA Members and Mechanics themselves I have found there are many great mechanics out there and there are a few Masters as well. What the difference is that it almost takes a lifetime to become a master. Many of the greatest have worked exclusively on F cars all their life and interestingly many come from the aircraft industry. Some specialize in particular Models and others are generalists.

Tim and Tom stood out in the 328category. At this point I would be remiss if I did not mention another great, John Tirrell at IFS in Massachusetts I did not mention him as he is a great across many models. I can go on but then this would turn into my article.

I just wanted to share my knowledge to help anyone looking for a mechanic and welcome others thoughts.

11. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic

12. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    Rob I am glad you read my article and hope you will read my next one when I am done. Please don't judge me by the number of posts I make, I am more of a article writer.

It takes time to check out the list of mechanics that I have amassed. I reflected on all your comments and I probably should have said one of the country's best. I also can tell you, with out getting into details about the criteria (which is important but more for an article than a post), I am fortunate to have enough experience and background to tell you I know the difference between competent, good and great Ferrari Mechanics. please don't misinterpret that as being pompous or a know it all. I am very humble and learning every day, and anything having to do with Ferraris takes a lifetime to understand. I would love to do a poll and know what FC expectations are. Thanks for keeping me challenged.

13. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    My last note is that I am reading a great new book I recommend highly called The Ferrari Companion Reader...Advice from the late Gerald Roush. Many of you may have read all he wrote in the Ferrari Market Letter but having them all in one place and insight from his family is great. It is my dream to do what he has done but with a focus on Ferrari Mechanics.

14. RJR89

RJR89 Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    Tim and Tom are awesome. Well known in Florida and nothing wrong with singing their praises in the 308/328 category. Tim is also the FCA Technical advisor, or at least I think that's the "title." I love seeing the cars in their shop and both guys are as about as nice as you can find.

15. ramosel

ramosel Formula 3

Sep 11, 2004
    Meadow Vista, CA
    Full Name:
    R Moseley
    <soap box mode on>
    Undoubtedly, Tim and his brother are high on DDD's list... and he does his research... so I truly respect his input. But best in the country? Surprisingly, this is the first I've heard of them. Its too bad people throw around words like "best", "greatest", "ulitmate", "unique" and "diva" like candy these days. No disrespect but I would expect more of a writer.

IMHO, BEST, implies a whole 'nother level of knowledge, skills and experience. Best in this country?(USA) It can either be Francois Sicard or Dave Helms. Take your pick.

No question from your writings that Tim Stafford and his brother are excellent at what they do and treat their customers well too. And for those near Florida who can't travel to Connecticut or Colorado its a great thing to have a known set of of good, better than most or even excellent mechanics in the southern states area. But I'll hang my hat on "Best" being one of the two mentioned above.

Now, would Tim put himself in league with Francois or Dave??
    <soap box mode off>

Rick

16. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    Rick your points are well taken as well as your input, I am not in disagreement and appreciate your feedback Being a first generation Italian my passion occasionally overwhelms my word choice and I was being a bit informal as it is a chat forum. None the less I need to remember to be a writer even when posting. Thanks for the reminder, to be a writer all the time.

17. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    You are fine to go. You've proven enough street cred here. Keep up the good articles, Domenic.