Lamborghini tool thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Lamborghini tool thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by EMILIO, Aug 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

Countach never came with a hammer under the dash from the factory.
    If you see his videos he sometimes says things that are far from correct.

2. Chadbourn Bolles

Chadbourn Bolles Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    #52 Chadbourn Bolles, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
    But he did not win that auction, so no action needed there.
    Chadbourn Bolles
    803 532 6257
    Email: [email protected]

3. islandguy

islandguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    Another one just listed for $3400 buy now.
    Lamborghini Countach Tool Kit Roll Bag | eBay

I bid on Chad’s first listing but when it went from $500 to $2150 in one auto swoop I was out. IIRC there were 3 bidders above $2K. Great if you get it.

4. Autosport

Autosport Karting

May 25, 2013
    #54 Autosport, Nov 7, 2014
    Yes, no action needed there because REAL BIDDERS came in after your SHILL bidder brought it up to your reserve that you wanted for the spare tire. Unfortunately that was not the case with your tool kit and you subsequently relisted it very soon after with a reserve. It's very obvious to any person that is well versed with eBay as to what you are doing, and it's sellers like you that enforce the notion that eBay is peppered with scam artist and FAKE BIDDERS ! This speaks volumes to your character along with your feed back rating.

5. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    if you get to make a few of these things, i am interested in the spanner too.

6. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    #56 Peter K., Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

7. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    This speaks volumes to your character along with your feed back rating.[/quote]

What do you have to back that up? Be very care at your choice of word on here.

I have known Chad for 12+ years. I have even spent time with him at his home in SC. That character you speak of is FAR from the character that he really is. You sound more like sour grapes because maybe you did not win it?

Chad is one of the last of the old school good guys.
    Just my experience with him.

8. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    Autosport

Yes, no action needed there because REAL BIDDERS came in after your SHILL bidder brought it up to your reserve that you wanted for the spare tire. Unfortunately that was not the case with your tool kit and you subsequently relisted it very soon after with a reserve. It's very obvious to any person that is well versed with eBay as to what you are doing, and it's sellers like you that enforce the notion that eBay is peppered with scam artist and FAKE BIDDERS ! This speaks volumes to your character along with your feed back rating.

Lets see now, a 97.5 % feedback rating, it that the feedback rating you are talking about? With 3 negative due to bidders not answering any emails to them.
    The spare tire, kinda funny bid went over the reserve, don't think a shill bidder would do that, do you?
    Chadbourn Bolles
    803 532 6257
    email: [email protected]

9. The jack appears bent in photo.

10. islandguy

islandguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    No one has measured one for me yet.

8 months ago I could have bought a car with a complete kit, measured the spanner, then resold the car for a profit :)

11. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    #61 Chadbourn Bolles, Nov 8, 2014
    Which photo?
    Chadbourn Bolles
    803 532 6257
    email: [email protected]

12. #62 EarlyCat, Nov 8, 2014
    Not yours, the other tool kit. The photos have been changed since the original listing. It looks more like paint peeling than bent now.

13. islandguy

islandguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    #63 islandguy, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thought I had a couple extra tools in the kit. Looking closer seems my kit has 17, 18, and 19mm “lug” sockets/bars! Searched the threads and reference photos and I have yet to see three like this. Anomaly?

Still looking for tommy bars if anyone has them for sale or could measure them for me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    The 19mm is the wheel nut tool, the 17/18mm I believe are from the QV toolkit. The Tommy bar is next to useless for getting the wheel nuts loose - I carry a 3/4 drive wrench with deep 19mm socket to remove the wheel nuts.

15. islandguy

islandguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    Good to know, Thanks. Mine is an 88.5 QV. Do you know what the 17 & 18mm sockets are for?

16. islandguy

islandguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    Do any of the Bulb Pot Kits accommodate blade fuses? Everyone one I've seen has old fuses.

17. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Has anyone actually found anything other than the jack & window tool in these kits (all italian marques) to be worth a damn in real life? I know when I took mine on extended and possibly hazardous trips like Highway 50 in Nevada I carried a much more substantial tool kit in a flat fold up plastic case that cost $50-$75 plus some supplies & parts. Much of the contents in these seem like not much more than window dressing. Especially when wrenching in typically tight and tough locations to reach.

18. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    I have an Avendator tool kit minus the air canister (TSA confiscated it) for sale.

Additionally I a potential buyer for factory service tools, particularly engine and geabox special tools.

19. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Well, most use the lead hammer for the cars with knock-offs... and I have used the pliers to get me out of trouble!