Lamborghini Polo Storico | FerrariChat

Lamborghini Polo Storico

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Diablo_4_Ever, Apr 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Diablo_4_Ever

Diablo_4_Ever Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    New Heritage Department at Lamborghini

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  3. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    How accurate are they regarding the use of correct materials?
    We've seen some factory restored Countachs previously why are not 100% correct.

4. mikael82

mikael82 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2007
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael
    I hope Lamborghini would make this Storico to work in humble way, get the right people to work there that ACTUALLY KNOW what they have and know how to work with them.
    I would hope this kind of restoration department would be open for depate or discussion from private enthuast in open way to get history and legasy right; like few threads here in this forum (Miura and Countach thread) After all; open discusion is only way to make real convincing research.
    For sure idea is to make money, but also serve owners to keep these cars going, but I would hope main idea is not to make money from keeping things and information hidden, or asking silly money from every door opening.

5. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I agree.. I hope this is a success! We need the support for these vintage lambos!

6. AndrewDinCH

AndrewDinCH Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    Suffolk coast, UK
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I wish them success too but I am not sure how they will be bringing the people into this who know about all the themes and variations of the cars. If I understand it correctly, I don't think VB is involved. Why on earth not?!

7. Downdraft1

Downdraft1 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2008
    #7 Downdraft1, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Actually this is a second attempt that the Lamborghini factory attempts to establish an official registry. Also for the 40th anniversary the factory launched a registry program. At the time (during the Murci era) all the Lamborghini cars up to the 25th Ann. Countach we accepted. The only exception was the SE30 Diablo which could be registered. The first inspection (and possibly the only inspection) was carried out in the pits of the Viarano race track during the 40th celebrations.
    During this event I had my Countach inspected, there was Mr. Razionale and Mr. Balboni present (see pic). The car inspected right before mine was the now famous black Miura SV originally owned by Mr. Innocenti.
    Besides obtaineg a signed Registry acceptance letter I also received the booklet and then, unfortunatly, this registry never materialized.
    I must say that Ferrari and Porsche have lead the way to assist classic owners of their marques while Lamborghini’s main intent has been to sell new cars only – maybe only now that our “old” cars are worth more than the new ones do they realize that history is important - and can be profitable for them!
    My printer/scanner is on the blink so I took some quick phone pics - sorry about the quality.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Agreed. Meanwhile, thankfully, VB does what he does.

9. AndrewDinCH

May 23, 2010
    Suffolk coast, UK
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #9 AndrewDinCH, Apr 24, 2015
  10. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    #10 em42, Apr 24, 2015
    Interesting, mine is a little bit different. It comes in a rather large black box with the documents inside and some metal cards.

11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #11 joe sackey, Apr 24, 2015
    Fantastic!

Sometimes when we post, the images get rotated, so Ive righted it for our viewing pleasure.

Can't wait to see it back in the UK, and I still don't know how you got that plate!

12. AndrewDinCH

May 23, 2010
    Suffolk coast, UK
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Thanks Joe. Looking forward to July

13. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    That Countach has amazing downforce!

14. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Eustis, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Scott Ales
    Our 1990 25th Anniversary Countach resides in Central Florida.

How or where do we start the process of documenting the car? Does anyone know? Local Lamborghini dealer?

Thanks in advance.

15. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    Porsche maybe
    but classiche is bloody awful - refusing to certify cars if they have modifications (even going so far as to try and stop auctions on a NART daytona spyder conversion), certifying the wrong car (for example 0818 where they certified a replica as the real car)

16. cesto23

cesto23 Rookie

Mar 18, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Frankie
    thats great, looks really nice. how long ago did you get your car verified and inspected?

17. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012